No Bake Golden Birthday Cake Oreo Cheesecake
No Bake Golden Birthday Cake Oreo Cheesecake with yellow cake batter & Golden Birthday Cake Oreos. A no bake, easy cheesecake recipe perfect for any celebration!
Since moving to Atlanta several years ago, the new Christmas tradition has become that on Christmas Eve, my brother and his family hosts everyone for dinner and then on Christmas Day, everyone is at our house for dinner. Also, now that I’m “the official dessert person” in the family, I’m usually tasked with dessert for the meals. 🙂 Since my birthday is on Christmas, I decided to made this cheesecake for Christmas Eve, along with these cookies. If there’s two things I love in a birthday dessert, it’s cake batter and sprinkles.
However this cheesecake was made on sort of a whim. I knew I was going to make the cookies. My family loves caramel and my dad had been craving them after I made them the first time. But I wanted something in addition to cookies that was celebratory, so I looked in my pantry and fridge to see what I had and the Golden Birthday Cake Oreos just popped out at me. They are hands down my favorite of the Oreo options. The Golden Oreos are seriously the jam and when you add birthday cake flavor to them, I seriously can’t keep them in the house or I just eat the whole package.
So to fight off the constant urge to devour every cookie in the package, I put them into a cheesecake and shared. I’m nice like that. 😉
I started with the base for my original No Bake Oreo Cheesecake and went from there. I knew there had to be sprinkles in the crust – it was a birthday cheesecake. Duh! And I decided to pop them in the food processor along with the Oreos rather than adding them after. It doesn’t chop the sprinkles too small, but makes them a little more manageable when pressing the crust into the pan and helps distribute them well throughout.
For the filling, I knew I wanted to use plenty of the Golden Birthday Cake Oreos and I had thought that’d be enough. They are so cake-y flavored when you eat them. Ultimately I decided I wanted more birthday cake flavor and added in the cake mix and some milk to offset the additional thickness it adds to the batter. It was a terrific choice! Cake batter flavor galore!
Between the Golden Oreos and the cake batter flavor going on, this cheesecake was a hit! And it turned out so cute and festive, I decided to take pictures and share the recipe. It wasn’t originally in the plans, but I couldn’t not share something this tasty. We all loved it and my birthday was appropriately celebrated. 🙂 I hope you enjoy it too!
No Bake Golden Birthday Cake Oreo Cheesecake
No Bake Golden Birthday Cake Oreo Cheesecake with yellow cake batter & Golden Birthday Cake Oreos. A no bake, easy cheesecake perfect for any celebration!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours chill time
- Total Time: -26055970.5333 minute
- Yield: 12-14 Slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 25 Golden Birthday Cake Oreos
- 2–3 tbsp sprinkles
- 1/4 cup (56g) butter, melted
- 24 oz (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Funfetti cake mix
- 2 tbsp milk
- 8 oz cool whip (or homemade whipped cream)
- 1 1/2 cups (162g) Golden Birthday Cake Oreo crumbs (from about 16 Oreos)
- 7–10 Golden Birthday Cake Oreo, chopped
- 6 tbsp sprinkles
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 6 tbsp (44g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Golden Birthday Cake Oreo crumbs, optional
- Golden Birthday Cake Oreos, cut in half
1. To make the crust, add the Oreos and sprinkles to a food processor. Pulse until they form crumbs.
2. Combine the Oreo crumbs and sprinkles with the melted butter and stir together until well combined.
3. Press the crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Set in the refrigerator to firm.
4. To make the filling, mix the cream cheese and sugar together in a large bowl with a mixer until smooth and well combined.
5. Add the vanilla extract, cake mix and milk and mix until well combined.
6. Fold in the Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream).
7. Add the Oreo crumbs, chopped Oreos and sprinkles and gently stir until well combined.
8. Spread the filling evenly into crust and smooth the top. Set in the refrigerator until firm, 4-5 hours.
9. Remove the cheesecake from the pan.
10. To make the whipped cream topping, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
11. Pipe swirls of whipped cream around the top of the cheesecake. Top with additional Oreo crumbs and Oreo halves, if desired.
12. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To use homemade whipped cream in the cheesecake filling, substitute 1 1/4 cups cold heavy whipping cream and 1/2 cup powdered sugar for the Cool Whip.
Keywords: no bake oreo cheesecake, no bake cheesecake recipe, birthday cheesecake recipe, yellow oreos cheesecakse, birthday oreos dessert
You might also like: