This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Funfetti Cake Batter Cookie Cake is so chewy, flavorful and delicious. It’s made with funfetti cake batter and white chocolate cookie dough, then topped with sweet buttercream frosting. Simply irresistable!
Funfetti Cake Batter Cookie Cake
Is there a rehab for funfetti cake batter addicts? Because if there is, I need to go. I can’t seem to get enough. This cookie cake is the latest way that my
obsession love of Funfetti has manifested itself. And boy is it tasty. Everything you’d expect. Funfetti in the moistest and chewiest cookie cake form. With icing. Yes, please!
I’ve made it a few times now and it is always a hit. And it’s not hard to make.
The recipe uses an entire box of Funfetti cake mix. I was kind of stubborn about that. I have a number of partially used boxes of cake mix in my pantry and I was determined to not make this another instance where I’d use part of a box. Not that there aren’t plenty of Funfetti recipes I could make with it, I just didn’t want to. So there. 🙂
However my stubbornness led to one flaw (if you can really call it that) with this cookie cake. It has what I like to call a lip, or a hump, around the edge. It’s covered with icing because I like icing on my cookie cake, but if you look at the side you can see it there. I call your attention to it because I don’t want you to make this and then freak out about it. Just cover it up. Because you need to make this. This thing is pure Funfetti gold. If gold was edible of course.
The directions are pretty straight forward and while I mention this in them, I want to make a point of it here. Most cookie recipes say it’s best to refrigerate cookie dough for a while, even overnight, before baking. Not everyone does – it’s a preference as well as a time thing. But I have baked this both after leaving it overnight and after leaving it for just a few hours and I really see a difference (for the better) in the texture of the cookie when it’s left in the fridge overnight. People still loved it the other way too, but I really noticed it. The flavors and textures come together so much more. I really recommend refrigerating it overnight.
With that said, you can’t really go wrong. This is the cookie cake that dreams are made of. So go and make it my friends! You won’t regret it!
This Funfetti Cake Batter Cookie Cake is so soft, festive and delicious! It’s made with a funfetti cake mix and white chocolate chips, then topped with buttercream frosting! To die for!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 box funfetti dry cake mix
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2–3 tsp sprinkles
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–3 tbsp water
- icing color of your choice
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add dry cake mix, cornstarch and sprinkles. Mix well. Dough will be thick and sticky.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Place dough in clear wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place parchment circle the size of your cake pan in bottom of pan and grease the sides. This will help you remove the cookie cake from the pan after it’s baked.
- Spread dough evenly in cake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done. The edges should be golden. The center may not seem totally done, but it will firm and cook a little more as it cools. You could cook it for longer, but I like my cookie cake super soft and chewy.
- Allow cookie cake to cool completely in pan before removing. As it cools, it will firm up and you should be able to remove it from the pan without the center breaking (like I said, super moist!). Certainly if you have a spring form pan, that makes it even easier.
- Beat the shortening and butter until smooth.
- Slowly add 3 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and 1 tbsp water.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add more water to get the right consistency.
- Add desired icing color.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 654
- Sugar: 68.7 g
- Sodium: 265.3 mg
- Fat: 35.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 83.5 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 69.3 mg
Keywords: funfetti cookie cake, cookie cake with cake mix, funfetti cookies with cake mix