This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Mint chocolate Oreos in mini cheesecake form? Yes, please. These perfectly sharable mini mint chocolate Oreo cheesecakes are comprised of an Oreo crust, a minty, Oreo-y cheesecake filling, and a fluffy chocolate whipped cream. Yum!
Easy Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
I am a huge Oreo fan. My Best Oreo Cheesecake really exemplifies that. The originals are great but lately I have been experimenting with other flavors (there are actually a lot!). The mint Oreos have captured my heart. They are just something else. So, naturally, I decided to base a cheesecake recipe on them.
I had already made a couple of full-sized versions (check out my Mint Oreo Cheesecake and and this no-bake Mint Oreo Icebox Cake) but I wanted to create a mini one. I love mini cheesecakes because they are so sharable and easy to put together (no water bath!). These ones are no exception to that rule. Imagine the crunch of an Oreo crust, a creamy, minty, Oreo-packed cheesecake filling, and a chocolate whipped cream to top it all off. Sounds pretty magical right? Find out for yourself!
What You’ll Need
You might have to run to the grocery store for this one, but it doesn’t take much to make these mini mint chocolate Oreo cheesecakes. Here’s a list of what you will need. Scroll to the recipe below for details on measurements, etc.
- Oreo crumbs – If you don’t have classic Oreos, feel free to use mint Oreo crumbs or even vanilla Oreo crumbs.
- Butter – Binds the crumbs together.
- Cream cheese – The cream cheese must be at room temperature. If it is cold, it will not incorporate with the rest of the ingredients well, giving you a lumpy filling. Be sure to use brick-style cream cheese.
- Sugar – I suggest using granulated sugar but feel free to experiment with coconut sugar if you are looking for a slightly healthier approach.
- Flour – All-purpose works great here. Gluten-free? Go ahead and substitute your favorite 1:1 gluten-free flour.
- Sour cream – The sour cream must be at room temperature in order to incorporate with the rest of the ingredients optimally.
- Mint extract
- Vanilla extract – This helps cut back the overly minty flavor.
- Eggs – To bind your ingredients together and add richness to the creamy filling.
- Chopped Mint Oreos
- Green gel icing color – This is optional but will give you that fun green color that you see in the photos.
Chocolate whipped cream
- Heavy whipping cream – Make sure the whipping cream is cold. It will hold volume better.
- Powdered sugar – I do not suggest using another kind of sugar. Powdered sugar stabilizes the whipped cream so it doesn’t wilt.
- Natural unsweetened cocoa powder – You can use Dutch processed cocoa powder if you’d like. Note that this will result in a slightly darker, more bitter chocolate flavor.
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecakes
These little treats are such a blast to put together. Here’s a quick rundown on how to make them. Scroll to the recipe below for more detailed instructions.
For the crust
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine. Mix together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter and divide the mixture evenly between the prepared cupcake liners
- Press the crust into the bottoms of the liners.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Cool. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the crusts to cool.
For the cheesecake filling
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar, and flour on low speed.
- Add. Mix. Add. Mix. Add the sour cream, mint extract, and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until smooth before adding the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition until smooth.
- Fold in the chopped Mint Oreos.
- Color. Add the green gel icing color (optional) and mix until the color has spread evenly throughout the filling.
- Bake. Divide the filling between the cupcake liners and bake for 13 minutes before turning the oven off and allowing the cheesecakes to sit in the oven for 12-20 minutes.
- Cool. Open the oven door a bit and allow the cheesecakes to sit for about 5 minutes before transferring them to the fridge to firm up.
- Make the whipped cream. Whip the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe a swirl of whipped cream onto each cheesecake and top with half of a mint Oreo.
Tips for Making Mini Cheesecakes
I can’t get enough of these mini mint chocolate Oreo cheesecakes. As with any recipe, I have a few thoughts for you on how to achieve the best outcome possible. Here they are.
- Grease the cupcake liners. If you are tired of your cupcakes (or mini cheesecakes) sticking to the cupcake liners, do yourself a favor and grease them with non-stick baking spray.
- Start with room-temperature ingredients. Starting with room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs will greatly promote the smooth incorporations of the ingredients, leaving you with a clump-free filling.
- Mix slowly. When making the filling, be sure to mix everything on low speed and just until smooth. The faster/longer you mix, the more air will incorporate into the filling, leading to a cracked cheesecake.
- Cool gradually. It might be tempting to pull the cheesecakes out of the oven when the bake time is up. Resist the temptation. Allowing the cheesecakes to first cool in the closed oven, then in the cracked oven, then in the refrigerator will ensure that the tops don’t crack.
Can These Be Prepared in Advance?
They can! Once the cheesecakes have chilled and before making the whipped cream topping, wrap the whole pan in saran wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. On the day of serving, make the whipped cream topping, pipe it onto the mini cheesecakes, and top with mint oreos. Voila!
How to Store
After topping the mini cheesecakes with the whipped cream topping, arrange them in a single layer in an airtight container. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I recommend waiting to add the mint Oreo decorative topping until it is time to serve to avoid the sandwich cookie getting soggy.
Can I Freeze This Mint Cheesecake?
Absolutely. Arrange the completed cheesecakes (minus the mint Oreo cookie topping) in a single layer in an airtight container and place it in the freezer. For easier, single-serve access, you can flash-freeze the mini mint chocolate Oreo cheesecakes (just pop them in the freezer for a couple of hours to firm up) and wrap them individually in saran wrap before storing them in the freezer.
In either case, these delicious goodies will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. When it comes time to enjoy, transfer the container (or the individual cheesecake/s) to the refrigerator to thaw overnight. Once thawed, top each with half of a mint Oreo cookie and serve.
More Mini Cheesecake Recipes
After making these mini minty cheesecakes, I have no doubt that you will be looking for more mini cheesecake recipes to try. They are just so delicious, fun to put together, and easy to share that it’s hard to resist trying to make as many versions as you can. Here are some of my favorites.
- No Bake Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- Mini Coffee Cheesecakes with Oreo Cookie Crust
- Ice Cream Sundae Mini Cheesecakes
- Mini Blackberry Lavender Cheesecakes
- Mini Cherry Almond Cheesecakes
- Mini Strawberry Champagne Cheesecakes
This Mini Mint Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake recipe is easy & delicious with little chunks of mint Oreos, a chocolate crust and a touch of mint flavor!
- 1 1/2 cups (201g) Oreo crumbs
- 2 tbsp (41g) butter, melted
- 12 ounces (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (140g) chopped Mint Oreos (4–5 oreos)
- Green gel icing color, optional
Chocolate whipped cream
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 tbsp (22g) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
- Combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
- Bake crusts for 8 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
For the cheesecake filling
- Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream, mint extract and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Gently fold in the chopped Mint Oreos.
- Add some green gel icing color to get a nice shade of green, if desired.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners and fill most of the way.
- Bake the cheesecakes for 13 minutes, then turn off oven and leave the door closed for another 15-20 minutes.
- Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 5 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
- Once the cheesecakes are cooled and firm, make the whipped cream. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe swirls on top of each cheesecake, then top with half of a mint Oreo. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Cheesecake
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 15 g
- Sodium: 163.9 mg
- Fat: 13.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.3 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 57 mg
Keywords: mint chocolate cheesecake, mint cheesecake, mini cheesecakes, mint oreo cheesecakes