Mint Chocolate Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
These easy Mint Chocolate Oreo Mini Cheesecakes are so delicious with little chunks of mint Oreos, a chocolate crust and just the right amount of mint flavor!
So I hope you have officially survived the holidays! I took it pretty easy because pregnancy is totally catching up with me and the lack of energy is for real. The hubs and my mom have been rock stars at helping and keeping me from over doing it.
But for us, even though the holidays are over, the celebrations aren’t quite there yet. You see this time of year is not only busy because of the holidays, but also because of so many birthdays. Between mine on Christmas, my brother this Friday and the hubs next Tuesday, the gift giving and celebrating just keeps on going! And then we also had an outlier birthday in late November.
Plus, it’s looking like these twins will be born late January/early February, so they’ll be some outliers too. The birthdays are nutty! I’m glad the twins are at least going to have a little time after the holidays before their birthdays roll around. It’s all just too much at once!
But with the hubs’ birthday quickly approaching and mint chocolate being a favorite combo of his, I’m thinking either these cheesecakes or something else needs to get made stat!
One of the lovely things about these little cheesecakes is that they are easy to put together and even easier to share in their cute mini state. Plus, because they’re mini so you can totally have like two or three, right?!
To get started putting them together, you’ve got the Oreo crust. I always have a pantry full of Oreos, so I used regular ones for the crust and mint ones for the filling. If you don’t have stock in Oreos, you could totally use the mint ones for the crust too. 🙂
Bake the little crusts and then add the filling. Even though cheesecake filling can seem like a pain, it’s super easy to put together. Some cream cheese, sugar and flour are mixed together on low speed (don’t want to add too much air to cheesecake batter), then some sour cream and flavorings, then eggs, then stir in the Oreos. Done! Bake those babies right up!
They are topped with a chocolate whipped cream and another mint Oreo half, making a super cute treat! They are deliciously mint and chocolatey, and a wonderful little dessert – for sharing or keeping for yourself. 🙂
Mini Mint Chocolate Oreo Cheesecakes
This Mini Mint Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake recipe is easy & delicious with little chunks of mint Oreos, a chocolate crust and a touch of mint flavor!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 21 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 6 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 Mini Cheesecakes 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups (201g) Oreo crumbs
- 2 tbsp (41g) butter, melted
- 12 ounces (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
- 2 tsp mint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (140g) chopped Mint Oreos (4–5 oreos)
- Green gel icing color, optional
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 tbsp (22g) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake crusts for 8 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
CHEESECAKE FILLING AND TOPPING
1. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the sour cream, mint extract and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Gently fold in the chopped Mint Oreos.
5. Add some green gel icing color to get a nice shade of green, if desired.
6. Divide the batter between the cupcake liners and fill most of the way.
7. Bake the cheesecakes for 13 minutes, then turn off oven and leave the door closed for another 15-20 minutes.
8. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 5 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
9. Once the cheesecakes are cooled and firm, make the whipped cream. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
10. Pipe swirls on top of each cheesecake, then top with half of a mint Oreo. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: oreo dessert recipe, oreo cheesecake recipe, how to make cheesecake, mini cheesecake recipe, mint chocolate recipe