These Mint Chocolate Cookie Cups are little bites of heaven. A soft, chocolate cookie with an Andes mint stuffed in the middle is topped with mint buttercream and a chocolate drizzle. They were devoured by all.
Have you ever had one of those days where you went out on the lake and had a lovely, relaxing day. You ate good food, enjoyed good company, got a little sun kissed, went tubing for the first time in a year since you can’t ski or wakeboard, then you totally crash that night, completely exhausted but grateful for the fun day you had, then you dream about sunscreen and afternoon naps only to wake up in the morning and not be able to move your arms because you are so sore from said tubing?
Yea, yesterday was that morning. Oh. my. goodness. My arms and chest. Putting on clothing was a challenge.
But it was totally worth it. I can’t ski or wakeboard, like I said. I’ve tried. Doesn’t work. And I have a fear of skiing since an accident when I was 6 and my dad tried to ski while holding me. It didn’t end well. Now, me + skiing = scary accident.
So tubing is my thing. And I don’t go down easy.
The thing with tubing is when your husband (or friend’s husband) is pulling you, it’s all about trying to throw you off. And I will not be thrown. Bring it.
I held on through some crazy turns and waves, including one that had the tube turned up in the air at a 90 degree angle while airborne. And I landed it. Oh yea!
But now I’m paying the price. And then I had to play tennis. Rough.
Oh well. My arms could use some toning. 🙂 I’d rather tube than lift weights anyways.
And since I had to have burned like 5,000 calories, I can’t totally eat more of these mint chocolate cookie cups, right? Right!
It’s a good thing, because they are totally irresistible. I needed more of them. I didn’t get to share them with everyone that I wanted to because they just totally disappeared!
Our small group devoured them. It was a good thing I left a few behind for the hubs. But then the next day I got home from work and those were devoured too. I barely got any! I couldn’t believe it.
You should probably double the batch.
These Mint Chocolate Cookie Cups are little bites of heaven. A soft, chocolate cookie with an Andes mint stuffed in the middle is topped with mint buttercream and a chocolate drizzle.
3/4 cups butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp cornstarch
2 4.6 oz packages of Andes Mints
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp mint extract
1–2 tbsp water
1 drop green food color, optional
chocolate sauce (I used Smuckers Chocolate Sundae Syrup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add milk, egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. dough will be thick.
5. Grease a mini muffin tin.
6. Make balls of about 2 large tsp in size and press into the bottom of each mini muffin cup. Press the center down just a bit to make an indention, where you’ll add the andes mints later. You want each cup to only be about 3/4 full.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. While cookies are baking, unwrap the Andes mints and break them all in half.
8. Remove cookies from oven (the centers may look a little undone, but they will cook more as they sit) and press two halves of an Andes mint into the center of each of the cookie cups.
9. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes in the muffin tin. The mints will start to melt.
10. Remove cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
11. To make the icing, beat the butter and shortening together until smooth.
12. Add the powdered sugar to the butter mixture, one cup at a time, and mix until smooth.
13. Add the mint extract and mix until smooth.
14. Add 1-2 tbsp of water until the icing is the right consistency.
15. Top the cookie cups with the icing, then a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Keywords: cookie cups recipes, mint dessert recipe, chocolate dessert recipe, mini muffin dessert recipe
Recipes from friends:
You might also like: