These Mint Chocolate Cookie Cups are little bites of heaven. A soft, chocolate cookie with an Andes mint stuffed in the middle is topped with mint buttercream and a chocolate drizzle.
3/4 cups butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp cornstarch
2 4.6 oz packages of Andes Mints
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp mint extract
1–2 tbsp water
1 drop green food color, optional
chocolate sauce (I used Smuckers Chocolate Sundae Syrup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add milk, egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. dough will be thick.
5. Grease a mini muffin tin.
6. Make balls of about 2 large tsp in size and press into the bottom of each mini muffin cup. Press the center down just a bit to make an indention, where you’ll add the andes mints later. You want each cup to only be about 3/4 full.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. While cookies are baking, unwrap the Andes mints and break them all in half.
8. Remove cookies from oven (the centers may look a little undone, but they will cook more as they sit) and press two halves of an Andes mint into the center of each of the cookie cups.
9. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes in the muffin tin. The mints will start to melt.
10. Remove cookies to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
11. To make the icing, beat the butter and shortening together until smooth.
12. Add the powdered sugar to the butter mixture, one cup at a time, and mix until smooth.
13. Add the mint extract and mix until smooth.
14. Add 1-2 tbsp of water until the icing is the right consistency.
15. Top the cookie cups with the icing, then a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie Cup
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 16.3 g
- Sodium: 61.8 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.7 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
Keywords: cookie cups recipes, mint dessert recipe, chocolate dessert recipe, mini muffin dessert recipe