This Strawberry Whipped Cream recipe can made with either fresh strawberries or freeze dried strawberries! Both versions have amazing strawberry flavor and make a fluffy strawberry whipped cream you can pipe onto cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes and even pancakes!
- 1 1/2 cups (190g) chopped strawberries OR 1 cup freeze dried strawberries (1/4 cup powder)
- 1 3/4 cups (420ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- Red gel icing color, optional
1. Add the chopped strawberries to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth, then strain through a fine mesh sieve to discard the seeds.
2. Add the puree to a medium sized saucepan and cook over medium heat. Allow the puree to come to a boil and continue to boil, stirring consistently to keep it from burning, until it has thickened and reduce to 1/4 cup, about 15 minutes. To measure, pour the puree into a measuring cup. If it’s more than 1/4 cup, add it back to the pan and continue to cook it.
3. When the puree has thickened and reduced, pour into a small bowl and refrigerate until completely cooled. This strawberry mixture can be made ahead, if you like.
4. When cooled, add the strawberry mixture, heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Be sure to use the full amount of powdered sugar, which helps stabilize the whipped cream.
To make with freeze dried strawberries:
1. Add the freeze dried strawberries to a food processor and grind into a powder.
2. Add the strawberry powder, heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Be sure to use the full amount of powdered sugar, which helps stabilize the whipped cream.
Add the whipped cream to your favorite cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes or even pancakes!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 15.1 g
- Sodium: 14.6 mg
- Fat: 18.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 58.8 mg
Keywords: fresh strawberry whipped cream, freeze dried strawberry whipped cream, strawberry whipped cream, stabilized strawberry whipped cream, strawberry desserts, strawberry recipes, how to make whipped cream