This Red Velvet Cheesecake Shortbread Trifle recipe is no bake, super easy to make and perfect for a crowd! One of my favorite holiday trifle recipes!
1. In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the sugar and cocoa and mix until well combined.
3. Add red food color, vinegar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. With the mixer running, slowly add the buttermilk and mix until well combined. Set aside.
5. In a large mixer bowl, add 3 cups (720ml) of heavy whipping cream and 1 1/2 cups (173g) of powdered sugar. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
6. Carefully fold about 2 1/2 cups of the whipped cream into the red velvet mixture.
7. Add the milk to a separate small bowl.
8. In the bottom of a large trifle dish, place the shortbread into an even layer, dipping each piece of shortbread into the milk for 1-2 seconds before adding.
9. Place a few additional shortbread stars around the outside of the dish, so you can see them nicely.
10. Top the shortbread with half of the red velvet mixture.
11. Top red velvet mixture with half of the remaining whipped cream.
12. To add the decoration, add the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stick peaks form.
13. Set aside a small amount of whipped cream and color it green. Color the remaining whipped cream red.
14. Pipe flowers onto the top of the trifle (Wilton tip 366), then add the gold pearl sprinkles to the center.
15. Pipe the leaves around the flowers (Wilton tip 352), then finish off the decorations with the white sanding sugar.
16. Refrigerate until ready to serve, at least 5-6 hours. Can be made the night before and refrigerated overnight.
Keywords: trifle recipes, easy trifle recipe, holiday trifle, holiday desserts, easy desserts, best desserts, recipes for desserts, easy dessert recipes, red velvet desserts