These easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes are made with a pumpkin spice cupcake that’s full of chocolate chips and topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting! It’s the perfect dessert recipe to cure your pumpkin cravings this fall!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes For Fall
Oh my goodness, it’s officially starting to get cold here and I’m simultaneously thrilled that it’s cooling down and terrified for the cold weather. It’s getting down into the 50s at night and in my world that’s quite chilly. We haven’t made the jump to turning on the heat since it’s still warm during the day so I’ve been piling on an extra blanket at night. That also means it’s chilly when I wake up in the mornings and it is quite the deterrent to getting out bed and out of the warmth.
I suppose the good thing about this time of year is that fall and the cooler weather means pumpkin flavored things are that much more appropriate – and it makes these cupcakes totally appropriate. Plus, they are so darn good.
Why You’ll Love These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
I spent a good bit of time testing them to get them just right. I wanted to make sure they were plenty moist, dense enough that the chocolate chips didn’t sink to the bottom but also fluffy enough that they weren’t too dense. A tough balance but I’m SO happy with the finally result. I played around with the amount of butter, vegetable oil and milk and am pleased to say that these babies are delicious! I hope you love them as much as I did!
More Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
If you loved these pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes, be sure to check out these other easy pumpkin desserts as well!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Layer Cake
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Creamy Pumpkin Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Tiramisu Layer Cake
- Caramel Pumpkin Spice Blondie Streusel Cheesecake
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes are made with a pumpkin spice cupcake that’s full of chocolate chips and topped with a silky homemade cream cheese frosting!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons (75ml) milk, room temperature
- 1 cup (108g) light brown sugar, unpacked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (179g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (233g) canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup (129g | 4.5oz) chocolate chips
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces (226g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (57g) butter, room temperature
- 4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 436
- Sugar: 52.7 g
- Sodium: 227.4 mg
- Fat: 17.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 66.5 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 52.3 mg
Keywords: pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes, chocolate chip pumpkin cupcakes