I’m back with another little life update for my series, Let’s Chill! From fun with my friends to my new favorite poolside beverage, check out what I’ve been up to lately.
Let’s Chill #2
Since most people have the day off today, I thought it’d be a great day to just chill. 🙂
So here goes!
1. Happy Memorial Day! Thank you so much to all the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country. Your (and your families) sacrifice is truly amazing and appreciated. Thank you for you courage and strength.
2. Surely if you read a number of food blogs, you’ve noticed that many of us were at the BlogHer Food Conference last weekend in Miami. I hope you aren’t tired of hearing about it, because it’s time for me to tell you how awesome it was and show you a few too many pictures. 🙂
So conferences are totally about learning, right? Wrong. It’s about eating more food in four days than you’ve eaten in the last week and spending time with some of the most fun ladies ever!
Our first food stop was at Ceviche 105, a Peruvian restaurant. I’d actually been before so it was my idea to go back. I LOVE THIS PLACE! If you ever go to Miami, it is a must visit. LOVE! My ceviche was amazing and my dulce de leche strawberry cake was too. The company was awesome and it was great to eat with other food bloggers for a few days and be able to take photos and be on your phone and not have to apologize profusely for being rude. 🙂 Each course that comes out starts another round of photos before bites can be had.
Some of my other food highlights were the guava and cheese cuban pastries (have you seen my version?) and the sticky bun with sweet potato ice cream from Swine. Are you at all surprised my highlights are sweets?
But easily the best part of the trip was hanging out with everyone. It’s so awesome to see friends and meet new ones. Everyone was a blast and I feel so blessed to have made so many new friends! I cannot wait to see everyone again!
Top left, from left: Angie from Big Bear’s Wife, Ashley from Spoonful of Flavor, me, Cathy from Noble Pig, Julianne from Beyond Frosting; Bottom left: me, Dorothy crom Crazy for Crust, Julianne from Beyond Frosting; Right: Julianne from Beyond Frosting, me, Jen from Yummy, Healthy, Easy
We did get to stop by South Beach for a few minutes. Boy, oh boy, do I miss this beach.
3. So this is kind of random, but I “like” people magazine on Facebook. That’s how I stay up to date. And last week they teased me by posting a hint at finding out what Channing Tatum’s favorite cake is (People Magazine article on Channing Tatum).
Since I want to know what EVERYONE’s favorite kind of cake is, I clicked. And you guys. I love him even more now. I quote:
“I just love cake,” he says. “Confetti cake, to be specific. It has little colored candies inside the cake, and then you get the confetti icing, which is really hard to find sometimes. It’s really hard to explain to people, because it’s not icing with sprinkles on top. It’s icing that actually has candies inside of it. It’s Funfetti icing. It’s a beautiful mix. It is an angel sent from heaven.”
It’s like he’s in my mind!!! It isn’t just vanilla with sprinkles – it’s Rainbow Chip Icing! The best ever! Have you seen my Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream Cake with it? Or my Funfetti Cake Batter Pancakes, Funfetti Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats or Funfetti Cake Batter French Toast Casserole that are covered in those little “angels sent from heaven”?
4. The Bachelorette. Andi is from Atlanta, and the hubs is in love with her. I am too. Did you see last week when she sat down with Marquel? He had a cookie tasting set up! What?!? That’s my kinda dude. He’s my hero. Except I’d have a cake tasting, but whatevs.
5. Devious Maids. Might just be my new favorite show. It’s on it’s second season and I think it’s even better than the first. I laugh every time. LOVE it. The characters are the best.
6. I signed up for my first Stitch Fix to come in July. That’s the earliest date they had available. I’ve been wanting to try it forever! I can’t wait to show you what they send! P.S. – the link above is a referral link. If you sign up, I get credit off my box. You can do the same with your friends. Free clothes? Sign me up!
7. I am in love with these shorts. I bought them in 3 colors a couple weeks ago and now they’re on sale. Isn’t that always the way? But now you can get them on sale! 🙂
9. I need this in my life – Sopapilla Cheesecake Ice Cream from Crazy for Crust. Do you see all that cinnamon sugar in there? YUM!
10. Perfect for summer – these Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles from Yummy Healthy Easy. They look so easy and refreshing for summer! And you only ned 4 ingredients!
11. I want this for dinner – Taco Tortilla Stack from Taste and Tell. Mexican is my jam.
12. My peanut butter fix – No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake from Beyond Frosting. The ultimate.