This easy Eggnog Cheesecake recipe is thick, creamy and full of eggnog! A perfect dessert recipe for the holidays, it’s a delicious way to enjoy one of my favorite drinks of the season.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
3. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
4. Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil so that water from the water bath cannot get in. See how I set up my pans. Set prepared pan aside.
5. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
6. In a large mixer bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until well combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7. Add the eggnog and nutmeg and mix on low speed until well combined.
8. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
9. Pour the cheesecake filling into crust and spread evenly.
10. Place springform pan (covered with aluminum foil) inside another larger pan. Fill the larger pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
11. Bake for 1 hour and 30-40 minutes.
12. Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 30 minutes.
13. Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
14. Remove cheesecake from oven and chill until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight.
15. To make the whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, eggnog and powdered sugar to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
16. Remove the cheesecake from the pan, then pipe the whipped cream onto the cheesecake. I made little rosettes with Ateco tip 844, but feel free to decorate as you like. Sprinkle with a little nutmeg and pearl sprinkles, if desired.
17. Refrigerate the cheesecake until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best for 3-4 days.
Keywords: christmas cheesecake, eggnog dessert, eggnog cheesecake recipe, holiday dessert idea, cheesecake recipe, how to make cheesecake