Mini Rolo Cheesecakes
These Mini Rolo Cheesecakes are full of chocolate and caramel and are super easy to make! They are sure to be a big hit!
So the other day I had the strangest dream. I was in the middle of Africa with my mom and we had a guide to take us through the wilderness while we checked out the wildlife. We weren’t in a car or anything, just walking around. Apparently the guide was some kind of leopard specialist or something. We ended up in some sort of tree house thing (I know, strange, but it’s a dream) with two rooms – one with my mom and I in it and one with a leopard in it. The next thing I know, the bottom of the tree house (our exit) is surrounded by lions. Our guide goes to check it out and gets eaten. I know, sad. Fortunately also fictional.
So there I am with my mom with no way out because the only way out is through lions. Also, it’s starting to get dark and the leopard in the next room is getting restless because night time is feeding time. His loud purring in anticipation of meal time is increasing and I am like, OMG we are going to be eaten by a leopard. Not good.
The purring gets louder and louder, almost becoming a growl.
The next thing I know, I’m waking up and I realize the purr/growl I’m hearing is actually the hubs snoring. Somehow the lovely sound of his snoring was incorporated into my dream. Ha! 🙂
Perhaps a better dream would have incorporated these mini cheesecakes? They certainly are dreamy!
The crust is made with Oreos and butter – one of my favorite crusts. Just mix it all together and divide it between the cups of your cupcake pan and press it into the bottom.
The vanilla cheesecake filling is FULL of rolos. Like, full. It’s quite a chunky mixture when you add it to the cupcake tins but that’s perfect – more rolo in every bite!
One of the great things about these mini cheesecakes and baking them in a cupcake tin is that the bake time is much shorter than a full sized cheesecake and you don’t have to worry about a water bath. It makes these much quicker and easier to make, which is great for a quick treat.
They are topped with chocolate whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and chocolate sauce and half of a rolo.
These mini rolo cheesecakes were a huge hit with our friends! They pretty much died over them (in a good way, of course), so I know you will too. 🙂
Mini Rolo Cheesecakes
Yield: 12-15 cheesecakes
1 cup (134g) oreo crumbs
2 tbsp (27g) butter, melted
12 ounces (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (112g) light brown sugar
3 tbsp (24g) flour
1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup (160g) chopped rolos
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 1 tablespoon per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
CHEESECAKE FILLING AND TOPPING
1. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, brown sugar and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Gently fold in the rolos.
5. Divide the batter between the cupcake liners and fill most of the way.
6. Bake cheesecakes for 13 minutes, then turn off oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
7. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
8. Once the cheesecakes are cooled and firm, make the whipped cream. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and cocoa powder to a mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
9. Pipe swirls on top of each cheesecake, then drizzle with caramel and chocolate sauce and top with half of a rolo.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You might also like: