This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake recipe is full of delicious key lime flavor and so light and creamy! Plus, being a no bake recipe it’s a great way to finish out the summer and all this hot weather.
For more great tasting no bake cheesecakes, check out this Perfect No Bake Cheesecake, this easy No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake, and this No Bake Lemon Cheesecake recipe. All are perfect recipes for summer!
Easy Key Lime Cheesecake
About this time of year, I start to wonder if I’d rather hang on to summer a bit longer or see fall make it’s arrival. I feel like we’ve had a relatively mild summer, but it’s definitely pretty warm this time of year and I’m never sad to see fall temperatures. However, it’s been one crazy busy summer and I don’t feel like we’ve gotten to fully enjoy it. I’m still hoping that in the next few weeks, we’ll get a chance to get out on the lake and enjoy a day with the sun on our skin.
Not to mention that I’m not entirely sure I’m ready to say goodbye to some of my favorite summer flavors. I love all the fresh fruit of summer and I’m already sad to see less of it available and not so much on sale. And then there’s the tropical flavors of summer like pina colada and key lime. Is it even possible to get tired of those? I think not.
So today I’m holding onto summer just a bit longer with this No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake. And if you live in an area where heat + turning on your oven = no good. This cheesecake is even better for you. It’s easy to make, cool and refreshing. Bring it on!
How To Make This Easy No Bake Cheesecake
This cheesecake gets started with a classic graham cracker crust. I like to add a touch of sugar to my crusts, which I did in this one. It just takes it up a notch and I’ve never been one to shy away from a touch more sugar. 🙂 I did happen to bake this crust, but you absolutely can pass on that step if you prefer and want it truly, hard-core no bake. I just like to bake it quickly because the crust holds together better when you cut into it. Your call though.
And then there’s the filling. It includes the best parts of a key lime pie in cheesecake form – heavenly sweetened condensed milk and of course all the key lime flavor of key lime juice and zest. Key limes themselves can be hard to find, so feel no shame in buying the bottled juice. It’s what I do and it’s always delicious. If that’s what you decide to do as well, you can use regular limes for the zest and decor. It’ll be fine and still taste like key lime, I promise. 🙂
Top the cheesecake off with some swirls of whipped cream and slices of key lime (or limes) and you’ve got an easy, super tasty and fun treat! We all loved how smooth, creamy and delicious it was!
This No Bake Key Lime Cheesecake recipe is full of key lime flavor and so light and creamy! Plus, being a no bake recipe it’s a great summer dessert!
- 2 ¼ cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup (112g) salted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 16 oz (452g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup (80ml) key lime juice
- 1 tbsp key lime zest
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp key lime zest
1. Heat oven to 325°F (163°C). You could also skip baking the crust, if you prefer.
2. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well.
3. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
4. Bake crust for 10 minutes (optional) then remove and set in the fridge to cool completely.
5. In a large mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth and creamy.
6. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix until well combined.
7. Add the key lime juice and zest and mix until well combined. Set the mixture aside.
8. In another large mixer bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
9. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in two parts until well combined.
10. Add the filling to the cooled crust and spread into an even layer.
11. Refrigerate cheesecake until firm, 6-7 hours or overnight.
12. To finish off the cheesecake, remove it from the springform pan.
13. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and key lime zest for the whipped cream topping to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
14. Pipe swirls of whipped cream around the edge of the cheesecake and top the cheesecake with key lime slices.
15. Refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve. Cheesecake is best for 3-4 days.
Keywords: key lime cheesecake, easy cheesecake recipe, no bake cheesecake recipe, no bake key lime cheesecake, how to make cheesecake, summer dessert