This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This recipe for Fudgy Brownies with Crunchy Butterfinger Crust is dense, rich and chocolaty! These homemade brownies have a Butterfinger crunch on top that adds a delicious contrast in texture and a light, peanut buttery flavor.
Fudgy Brownies with Crunchy Butterfinger Crust
But before I get lost in the recipe, I want to say a BIG thank you to you guys for taking my survey on how to make the blog better yesterday! The feedback has been so helpful and great!
I’m going to leave it up for a few more days, but in the mean time here’s a little bit of what you guys have been saying:
1. You find the site easy to navigate and like the look of things. You have no idea how happy that makes me! Part of what I do full-time (my day job) has to do with UI design, so it’s a big deal to me that you guys are able to find what you are looking for easily and can explore without being bogged down.
2. You like my photos and find the recipes easy to follow. Again, SO happy to hear that. I put so much time and effort into the pictures and great recipes that are easy to follow are what it’s all about, so if I’m doing those 2 things right I’m thrilled!
3. You want to see more cooking tips and techniques. This is something I’ve been waiting to do, so I’m glad you want it – I will do that sooner rather than later!
4. While not everyone is interested in hearing more personal stuff, the vast majority of you are. I can’t wait to share more with you! 🙂
5. Many of you want MORE posts! I’m so glad that you not only like what I’m doing, but you want more! And I’m right there with you. I will do my best! Having a full-time job (which isn’t the blog) and a husband who likes spending lots of time with me (imagine that! After more than 11 years together and more than 4 years of marriage, he still likes me that much!) makes it tough sometimes, but I want it as much as you do!
So thank you again! You all are the best! If you haven’t had a chance to send me your thoughts and would like to (I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly), you can find the survey on how to make the blog better here.
Back to the brownies!
These are based on a brownie from a place I’m a big fan of. It’s a local, family-owned cafe in Alpharetta, GA (near Atlanta) called Wildflour.
You Can Make These Brownies With Milk Or Dark Chocolate
I think their brownies are actually made with milk chocolate, so this recipe would be great either way, but I used dark chocolate. I tend to think dark chocolate lends a better flavor in baking.
Plus, dark chocolate is supposed to be better for you. If it’s better for me I can have more. Right?
Well, that’s what I tell myself. 🙂
Are These Fudgy Brownies Easy To Make?
This recipe is fairly simple and uses melted butter, which tends to result in a fudgier brownie. Plus, you can mix it all up in one bowl with nothing but a whisk if you like. I tend to be lazy though and use my mixer.
The only thing that might take a little more effort is crushing up the Butterfinger bars for the top. But if you’re feeling lazy like I was, a food processor is your best friend – just be careful not to crush them too much. Chopped, not totally crushed.
And just a note – I doubled the recipe and made a large batch (9×13 pan) but the recipe below is for an 8×8 pan for fewer brownies.
Truly, these are a cinch to make. And the brownies are a wonderful chocolate and peanut buttery reward.Print
This recipe for Fudgy Brownies with Crunchy Butterfinger Crust is dense, rich and chocolaty! It’s a great combination of peanut butter and chocolate, with a little crunch!
- 10 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup chopped Butterfinger pieces (from about 8 fun-sized bars)
I doubled the recipe and used a 9×13 pan for about 20-24 brownies, depending on size.
Keywords: homemade brownies recipe, recipe for homemade brownies, peanut butter brownies, fudgy brownies recipe, easy homemade brownies, chewy homemade brownies, how to make fudgy brownies
Recipe modified from Sally’s Baking Addiction.