This Easy Taco Tater Tot Casserole recipe combines crispy tater tots with your favorite taco ingredients! This cheesy and flavorful dish makes a great brunch or dinner. It’s bound to become a family favorite!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn
- 3 cups (12 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 28 oz frozen tater tots
- 1 1/4 cups (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
- Cilantro, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Avocado, optional
- Tomatoes, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the ground beef and onion to a large skillet and cook until browned and cooked through. Add the garlic towards the end of browning and cook for another minute. Drain.
- Add the green chiles, taco seasoning mix, salsa, black beans, corn and 2 cups of the cheese. Stir together to combine. If your skillet isn’t big enough, you could combine it all in your casserole dish.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish. Arrange frozen tater tots on top of the mixture in a single layer.
- Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the top of the casserole
- Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until tater tots are nice and crispy.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top and bake for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve with cilantro, sour cream, avocados and tomatoes, if desired.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 822.4 mg
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8 g
- Protein: 20.1 g
- Cholesterol: 55.3 mg
Keywords: tater tot casserole recipe, best tater tot casserole, taco tater tot casserole, tater tot hotdish, taco casserole, taco casserole recipe, easy taco casserole