These pepperoni pizza rolls are perfect for game day and after-school snacking! Pizza dough is brushed with seasoned butter, wrapped around pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, and baked to golden brown. Finish it off with a sprinkling of mozzarella and dip it in marinara and you’ve got yourself one tasty bite.
Quick & Easy Pepperoni Rolls
Pizza in easy-to-eat, finger food form? What could be more perfect for game day? These easy pepperoni rolls only require 15 minutes of prep time and 25 minutes in the oven and that’s it. Boom! You’ve got an hors d’oeuvre the whole gang will enjoy.
So what makes a pepperoni roll? Convenient, delicious pre-made pizza dough is rolled out and brushed with melted butter that has been seasoned with Italian seasoning. Next, a layer of pepperoni is scattered over the dough followed by a smattering of mozzarella cheese. The whole thing is rolled up, brushed with egg wash, baked to golden brown, and finished with parmesan cheese. Slice it up and dip it in marinara sauce and you’ve got yourself an irresistible game day snack.
What Is A Pepperoni Roll?
A pepperoni roll is made of pizza dough wrapped around pepperoni and mozzarella cheese and baked to golden brown. It is a delicious game day appetizer or a fun meal that the whole family will enjoy. It is reminiscent of a pepperoni pizza, especially when sliced and dipped in marinara sauce.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make these easy pepperoni rolls. Be sure to scroll to the recipe card below for detailed measurements.
- Pizza dough – I like using canned pizza dough but you are more than welcome to make your own.
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Pepperoni slices
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – Not a mozzarella fan? Feel free to sub in a different cheese. Shredded pepper jack could be a fun way to add a spicy kick.
- Egg – For the egg wash to help the pizza roll brown up in the oven.
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce – This is to dip slices of pizza roll in. You could also use ranch or any other dip that appeals to you.
Variations & Add-Ins
Just because I kept it simple with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese does not mean that you cannot think outside of the box and fill these pizza rolls with other fun ingredients. Here are some ideas for you.
- Bulk it up with other classic pizza toppings. Slice up some black olives, mushrooms, and/or pepperoncini and sprinkle them on top of the pepperoni. Caramelized onions would work beautifully as well.
- Make it vegetarian. Forget the pepperoni and spread a layer of roasted veggies over the pizza dough.
- Use a different protein. I love using Italian sausage in place of pepperoni here but feel free to use seasoned and cooked ground beef, ham (if you use ham, try adding pineapples as well), or BBQ chicken.
- Try a different cheese. Mozzarella is a classic pick here but you could easily use shredded cheddar, pepper jack, muenster, or another cheese of your choosing.
- Draw inspiration from your favorite pizzeria. Not excited about any of the above options? Grab the menu from your favorite pizzeria, pick your favorite pizza, and fill these pizza rolls with the listed ingredients.
How to Make Pepperoni Rolls
I love how simple these pepperoni rolls are to make. In just 40 minutes you will have an appetizer your guests won’t be able to resist. Here’s how to make them. Don’t forget to scroll to the recipe card below for more detailed instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the pizza dough into a 10×15 inch rectangle.
- Mix together the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and melted butter and brush 1/2 of the mixture over the pizza dough.
- Top the pizza dough with pepperoni and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Roll the dough into a log and transfer it to the prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Whisk the eggs to scramble and brush over the top and sides of the log.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes brush with the remaining butter and seasonings and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Finish. Remove from the oven, sprinkle on grated parmesan, and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve with warm marinara.
Tips for Success
Ready to make the most delicious, crowd-pleasing pizza rolls you’ve ever tasted? Follow these simple tips and tricks and you’ll be well on your way.
- Evenly distribute the pepperoni. Make sure you spread the pepperoni evenly over the pizza dough to ensure that all parts of the roll cook in the same amount of time.
- Don’t overstuff the dough. Overstuffing the roll will cause the cheese to spill out, leaving you with a mess.
- Pinch the seam of the pepperoni roll to ensure that it stays together while baking.
- Poke holes in the dough before placing the roll in the oven. This will allow steam to escape as the roll cooks.
What to Serve With Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
These pizza rolls make a fabulous snack all on their own but they also go great with a tasty dip, other finger foods, or a nice salad to lighten things up. Here are some ideas for you.
- Dip. Try dipping these pizza rolls in ranch, marinara, buffalo sauce, or honey mustard.
- Crudite. Serve this game-day snack alongside a platter of raw veggies with a yummy dip.
- Salad. Get your veggies in with my Buffalo Broccoli Salad or this Tomato Avocado Salad. More interested in fruit? Try my Grape Salad or this Easy Fruit Salad.
- Other finger foods. Entertaining? Serve these pizza rolls with wings, sliders, or my Million Dollar Dip. See the section below titled “More Game Day Recipes” for more ideas.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
Allow the sliced homemade pepperoni rolls to cool to room temperature before sealing them in an airtight container and storing them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When you are ready to enjoy, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
Can I Freeze These?
You can! After slicing, allow the pizza rolls to cool completely. Seal them in an airtight container and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When it comes time to enjoy, arrange the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until heated through.
More Game Day and After School Snack Ideas:
It’s game day and the gang is coming over. What are you going to make? Look no further. Try one of these delicious, crowd-pleasing recipes.
- Football Game Day Dessert Board
- Million Dollar Dip
- Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- Rotel Dip (Velveeta Sausage Dip)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 15 slices
- Category: Hors D’oeuvre
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
These pepperoni pizza rolls are the perfect game day snack. Pizza dough is brushed with seasoned butter, wrapped around pepperoni and mozzarella cheese, and baked to golden brown. Delicious!
- 13.8 ounce can pizza dough
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz pepperoni slices
- 1 1/2 cups (170g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll the pizza dough out on a piece of parchment paper to about a 10×15 inch rectangle.
- Add the Italian seasoning and garlic powder to the melted butter and stir to combine. Brush 1/2 of the mixture evenly on top of the pizza dough. Reserve the rest.
- Place the pepperoni in an even layer on top of the dough, overlapping as needed. Sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Starting with the long side, tightly roll the dough into a log with the seam side down. Transfer the log and the parchment paper to a baking sheet.
- Put the egg in a small bowl and whisk, then brush it over the top and sides of the log.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, then brush with the remaining butter and seasonings (you may need to reheat it to melt it again). Bake for another 5-10 minutes, until golden brown and hot throughout.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle on grated parmesan and let cool for 10 minutes. Slice it into 1″ thick slices and serve with warm marinara sauce.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 299
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 421.6 mg
- Fat: 28.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.9 g
- Protein: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 85.8 mg
Keywords: pepperoni rolls, easy pepperoni rolls, pepperoni pizza rolls, homemade pepperoni rolls
This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.