This Grape Salad is creamy, refreshing and addictive! It’s incredibly easy to make and perfect for potlucks! If you’ve never tried it before, you really have to! You’ll love it!
Creamy Grape Salad
I am a big fan of grapes. They don’t get enough credit and there aren’t enough recipes that use them. The boys and I can easily sit down and throw back a big bowl of them. This Grape Salad is a wonderful way to enjoy good grapes and make them even better!
Despite sounding like a strange combination, this grape salad is totally amazing! The sweet, creamy “dressing” goes perfectly with the grapes. The pops of fresh fruit with the creamy sweetness is pure perfection!
And if you need something quick and easy for a potluck or side dish, this is it. You seriously just mix everything together and add the grapes. You could serve it right away, but it does get better after being chilled so I would recommend it. After chilling it, add the brown sugar and pecans on top (the best part!) and dive in!
You only need 7 simple ingredients for this salad.
- Cream Cheese: You’ll want it to be room temperature.
- Sour Cream: You could also use greek yogurt, if you want to lighten it up or don’t like sour cream.
- Sugar: Regular granulated sugar is used in the salad.
- Vanilla Extract: For extra flavor.
- Grapes: Both green and red grapes are used.
- Brown Sugar: For topping the salad.
- Pecans: Also for topping the salad.
How to Make Grape Salad
Just a few quick steps and you’ve got one amazing dish!
- Make Creamy Dressing: Add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add Grapes: Add the grapes and stir everything together until the grapes are well coated in the cream cheese mixture
- Refrigerate and Serve: Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, top with brown sugar and pecans.
Can Make Grape Salad Ahead?
This grape salad does very well being made ahead. It’s best to make it the day you need it and put it in the refrigerator until you need it, but you could also make it the day before. Just be sure to only add the toppings just before serving or the brown sugar will begin to dissolve.
Tips for the Best Grape Salad
- Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour before serving. It gets even better after firming up a bit.
- Add the topping just before serving so that the brown sugar doesn’t dissolve in the fridge.
- Is you aren’t a fan of sour cream, replace it with greek yogurt.
- Feel free to cut the grapes in half. This is great for little ones if they will be enjoying it as well.
- You can change up the pecans and use walnuts instead. You could even add in some toffee bits.
This Grape Salad is creamy, refreshing and addictive! It’s incredibly easy to make and perfect for potlucks!
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (230g) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (69g) sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lbs green seedless grapes
- 2 lbs red seedless grapes
- 5 tbsp (70g) brown sugar
- 4 tbsp chopped pecans
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the grapes and stir everything together until the grapes are well coated in the cream cheese mixture
- Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, top with brown sugar and pecans.
Keywords: grape salad