This Grape Salad is creamy, refreshing and totally irresistible! It’s easy to make and perfect for potlucks. If you’ve never tried grape salad before, you have to give this recipe a try.
Creamy Grape Salad
This grape salad recipe is one of my favorite things to make during the warmer months. It is creamy, cool, and refreshing, just like a classic ambrosia salad but with a focus on grapes. Plus, everyone loves it! Every time I take this simple fruit salad to a potluck I get emails from people requesting the recipe.
Despite sounding like a strange combination, this fruit salad is totally amazing! The sweet, creamy “dressing” goes perfectly with the grapes. The pops of fresh fruit with the creamy sweetness is pure perfection.
If you need something quick for a potluck or a simple side dish, this is it. You seriously just mix everything together and add the grapes. You could serve it right away, but it does get better after being chilled so I would recommend it. After chilling, add the brown sugar and pecans on top, then dive in.
What is Grape Salad Made Of?
You only need 7 simple ingredients for this salad. Here’s a quick look at what you’ll need. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for specific amounts.
- Cream Cheese: At room temperature so that it is easier to mix with everything else.
- Sour Cream: You could also use greek yogurt if you want to lighten it up or don’t like sour cream.
- Sugar: Regular granulated sugar.
- Vanilla Extract:
- Grapes: Both green and red grapes.
- Brown Sugar
- Pecans: You could also use chopped walnuts.
How to Make Grape Salad
Just a few quick steps and you’ve got one amazing dish!
- Make the Creamy Dressing: Add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add Grapes: Add the grapes and stir everything together until the grapes are well coated in the cream cheese mixture
- Refrigerate and Serve: Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, top with brown sugar and pecans.
Can Make Grape Salad Ahead?
Yes, you can make it ahead of time. It’s best to make it the day you need it and put it in the refrigerator until you need it, but you could also make it the day before. Just be sure to only add the toppings just before serving or the brown sugar will begin to dissolve.
Tips for Success
- Serve chilled. Refrigerate the salad for at least an hour before serving. It gets even better after firming up a bit.
- Don’t let the toppings lose their crunch. Add the topping just before serving so that the brown sugar doesn’t dissolve in the fridge.
- Feel free to cut the grapes in half. This is great for little ones if they will be enjoying it as well.
How to Store
Cover your salad with plastic wrap or transfer it to an airtight container, then store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. I don’t recommend freezing grape salad.Print
This Grape Salad is creamy, refreshing and addictive! It’s incredibly easy to make and perfect for potlucks!
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (230g) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (69g) sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lbs green seedless grapes
- 2 lbs red seedless grapes
- 5 tbsp (70g) brown sugar
- 4 tbsp chopped pecans
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add the grapes and stir everything together until the grapes are well coated in the cream cheese mixture
- Pour into a serving dish and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, top with brown sugar and pecans.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 33.5 g
- Sodium: 77 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.4 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 25.8 mg
Keywords: grape salad recipe, potluck salad, creamy fruit salad