This easy, cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip might be my favorite dip recipe of all time! Who doesn’t like dunking bread or tortilla chips into a warm and gooey buffalo chicken dip?
An Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
I love pretty much anything with buffalo sauce, but this dip is definitely my go-to appetizer. Every time I serve it, there’s an empty bowl in no time. It goes great with veggies, bread, tortilla chips, the works.
This dip is made with shredded chicken, which means rotisserie chicken for me and keeps the prep nice and simple. The balance of ranch dressing to buffalo sauce is just right – not too crazy spicy, but plenty of kick. There’s no such thing as watching football without this buffalo dip!
This creamy dip is made with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, two types of cheese and a few more irresistible ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make the best buffalo dip ever:
- Shredded Cooked Chicken: You can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, or roast a chicken at home.
- Cream Cheese: Bring your cream cheese to room temperature.
- Buffalo Sauce: I use Frank’s Red Hot, but you can use any buffalo sauce of your choice.
- Ranch Dressing
- Two kinds of shredded cheese: Monterey Jack Cheese & Cheddar
- Green Onions: The onions are optional.
- Chips, Crackers or Veggies: For serving.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Once you’ve prepared your ingredients, all you have to do is mix everything together. Then, sprinkle some cheese on top for good measure and bake!
- Heat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine Ingredients: Combine the chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, Monterey jack cheese and 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese in a large bowl, then spread into a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of Monterey jack cheese.
- Cook: Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Serve warm with chips, crackers, veggies or another vessel for the dip.
Tips for Success
- Add Blue Cheese: This dip uses ranch instead of blue cheese. Don’t get me wrong – I love blue cheese – but I prefer my buffalo dip with ranch. That said, you could easily swap out the ranch for blue cheese dressing, or even add in some blue cheese crumbles.
- Use Rotisserie Chicken: Rotisserie chicken is what I like to use in my buffalo dip. It’s cheap, low-effort and perfect for this flavorful appetizer.
- Use Your Favorite Buffalo Sauce: If you’re not a big spicy food person, use a milder buffalo sauce in your dip. I love the kick I get from the more intense stuff, but you can choose whatever level of heat you like.
- Serve Warm: Like all the best comfort food, this dip is best served fresh and warm.
- Eat with Veggies: Do you have kids who aren’t fond of vegetables? This cheesy dip is a surefire way to get them munching on some carrots or celery sticks!
- Serve with Bread: Try dunking a slice of Italian bread into your buffalo dip! Toasted or not, it’ll taste heavenly.
- Pair with Tortilla Chips: Who needs nachos when you can just dip your tortilla chips right into a bowl of cheesy buffalo chicken goodness?
- Serve with Crackers: From Saltines to Wheat Thins, all crackers go great with this chicken dip!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
If you happen to have some leftover dip, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can reheat it in the oven or the microwave. If microwaving, heat it in 30 second increments, mixing between each one. If you’re heating it up in the oven, do so at a low heat and add a little extra cheese.
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead?
This dish is actually great for making in advance. Just prepare the dip up until the point of baking it and place it in the fridge instead. Make sure it’s well-covered. You can bake the dip as usual within two days, but you’ll have to add a minute or two to the cook time.Print
This easy, cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip might be my favorite dip recipe of all time! Who doesn’t like dunking bread or crackers into a warm and gooey buffalo chicken dip?
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Green onions, optional
- Chips, crackers or veggies, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, Monterey jack cheese and 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese in a large bowl, then spread into a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of Monterey jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Serve warm with chips, crackers or veggies.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 1022 mg
- Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Protein: 15.7 g
- Cholesterol: 90.8 mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken dip, easy appetizers, dip recipes, chip dip
Other Savory Recipes to Try
- This Easy Taco Tater Tot Casserole makes a tasty breakfast, lunch or dinner for any occasion.
- Need a new chicken dinner idea? My easy Lemon Rosemary Chicken and Rice is too delish!
- These sweet and savory Roasted Sweet Potatoes are a versatile side dish that never fails to hit the spot.
- Any time you want a fresh and healthy meal, this Easy Cucumber Salad Recipe will come in handy!