This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy, cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip might be my favorite dip recipe of all time! Who doesn’t like dunking bread or tortilla chips into a warm and gooey buffalo chicken dip? All you need is Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce and a few other simple ingredients.
Table of Contents
Easy Frank’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
I love pretty much anything with buffalo sauce, but this dip is definitely my go-to appetizer. Every time I serve it, there’s an empty bowl in no time. It goes great with veggies, bread, tortilla chips, the works.
This dip is made with Frank Red Hot Buffalo Chicken sauce, ranch dressing, cheese and a few other simple ingredients. I also use shredded chicken, which means rotisserie chicken for me, and keeps the prep nice and simple. The balance of ranch dressing to buffalo sauce is just right – not too crazy spicy, but with plenty of kick. There’s no such thing as watching football without this buffalo dip!
Why You’ll Love This Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Easy. Just heat your oven, mix all the ingredients together in a baking dish, and bake!
- Cheesy. With two kinds of shredded cheese and cream cheese, this buffalo dip is super creamy and cheesy.
- Delicious. You won’t be able to take just one bite of this dip. Make sure you have plenty of crackers, veggies, and other dipp-ables handy!
This creamy dip is made with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, two types of cheese, and a few more irresistible ingredients. Here’s a quick overview of what you’ll need. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for specific amounts.
- Shredded Cooked Chicken: You can use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store, or roast a chicken at home.
- Cream Cheese: Bring your cream cheese to room temperature.
- Buffalo Sauce: I use Frank’s Red Hot, but you can use any buffalo sauce of your choice.
- Ranch Dressing
- Two kinds of shredded cheese: Monterey Jack Cheese & Cheddar
- Green Onions: The onions are optional.
- Chips, Crackers, or Veggies: For serving.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Once you’ve prepared your ingredients, all you have to do is mix everything together. Then, sprinkle some cheese on top for good measure and bake!
- Heat Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine Ingredients: Combine the chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, Monterey jack cheese and 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese in a large bowl, then spread into a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of Monterey jack cheese.
- Cook: Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Serve warm with chips, crackers, veggies or another vessel for the dip.
Tips for Success
- Add Blue Cheese: This dip uses ranch instead of blue cheese. Don’t get me wrong – I love blue cheese – but I prefer my buffalo dip with ranch. That said, you could easily swap out the ranch for blue cheese dressing, or even add in some blue cheese crumbles.
- Use Rotisserie Chicken: Rotisserie chicken is what I like to use in my buffalo dip. It’s cheap, low-effort and perfect for this flavorful appetizer.
- Use Your Favorite Buffalo Sauce: If you’re not a big spicy food person, use a milder buffalo sauce in your dip. I love the kick I get from the more intense stuff, but you can choose whatever level of heat you like.
- Serve Warm: Like all the best comfort food, this dip is best served fresh and warm.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip
The key to a successful dip – aside from the dip itself – is having lots of dipping options handy. Here are a few of my favorite things to serve with hot dip:
- Veggies: Do you have kids who aren’t fond of vegetables? This cheesy dip is a surefire way to get them munching on some carrots or celery sticks!
- Bread: Try dunking a slice of Italian bread into your buffalo dip! Toasted or not, it’ll taste heavenly.
- Tortilla Chips: Who needs nachos when you can just dip your tortilla chips right into a bowl of cheesy buffalo chicken goodness?
- Crackers: From Saltines to Wheat Thins, all crackers go great with this chicken dip!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
If you happen to have some leftover dip, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can reheat it in the oven or the microwave. If microwaving, heat it in 30-second increments, mixing between each one. If you’re heating it up in the oven, do so at low heat and add a little extra cheese.
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Ahead?
This dish is actually great for making in advance. Just prepare the dip up until the point of baking it and place it in the fridge instead. Make sure it’s well-covered. You can bake the dip as usual within two days, but you’ll have to add a minute or two to the cooking time.Print
This easy buffalo chicken dip is made with Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, plus a few other simple ingredients. You’ll love this cheesy, creamy hot dip recipe!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot)
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Green onions, optional
- Chips, crackers or veggies, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, Monterey jack cheese and 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese in a large bowl, then spread into a baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese and a sprinkle of Monterey jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Serve warm with chips, crackers or veggies.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 1022 mg
- Fat: 35 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Protein: 15.7 g
- Cholesterol: 90.8 mg
Keywords: buffalo chicken dip, franks buffalo chicken dip, franks red hot buffalo chicken dip