Easy Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce
This Caramel Sauce is a very easy one to make – and it’s my favorite homemade caramel! I love the flavor you get from caramel that’s made with brown sugar. And this version doesn’t burn as easily!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: About 1 1/2 Cups Caramel Sauce 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Melt butter in a saucepan.
2. Add brown sugar and heavy cream and whisk constantly over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
3. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for 3 minutes, no more.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Store in refrigerator.
Keywords: caramel sauce recipe, homemade caramel, caramel recipe for apples, easy caramel, easy caramel sauce, how to make caramel sauce