If you love cinnamon sugar on almonds as much as I do, you’re going to fall in love with these cinnamon sugar almond cupcakes! Mouth-wateringly sweet cupcakes topped with nutty almonds. Yum!
- 1 2/3 cups (217g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup salted butter (168g), room temperature
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 3 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 1 cup (224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2–3 tbsp heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- Cinnamon Sugar Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add butter, egg whites, almond extract, sour cream and milk and mix on medium speed until smooth.
4. Fill cupcake liners a little more than half way.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
7. To make the frosting, beat the butter until smooth.
8. Slowly add 3 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
9. Mix in the cinnamon, almond extract and 1 tbsp cream.
10. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add more cream to get the right consistency, then frost the cupcakes.
You may notice little bits of butter in the batter, but that’s ok. They will melt into the cupcake as they bake.
- Serving Size: 1 Cupcake
- Calories: 498
- Sugar: 42.9 g
- Sodium: 131.8 mg
- Fat: 27.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.9 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 46.6 mg
Keywords: sweet cupcakes, best cupcake recipe, easy cupcake recipe, how to make cupcakes, how to make cupcakes from scratch, how to make homemade cupcakes, how to make cupcake frosting, how to frost cupcakes, cupcake frosting recipe