This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Snickers Poke Cake is so darn good. The chocolate cake is soaked with a caramel and milk mixture and then topped with peanut butter whipped cream. It’s totally like eating a Snickers in cake form!
So this weekend was quite lovely. I mentioned last week that it was my mom’s birthday, so we went up to the Grove Park Inn in Asheville for a little girls weekend. I had never been, but I know she loves it. We spent Saturday at the Spa, which is probably one of the biggest draws and certainly the part of the resort I’ve heard the most about.
We both had pedicures and then spent the day lounging around their pools, enjoying the saunas and napping. It was quite relaxing and by the end of the day we were totally chilled. We had dinner at one of the restaurants at the resort and it was quite tasty.
The next day, we enjoyed some time walking around downtown Asheville, having lunch and doing a little shopping. What good is a girls weekend without a little shopping, after all? It was a great couple of days – very relaxing and fun to spend some time together. We even had a little cake to celebrate the occasion. 🙂
Speaking of cake, this one is totally moan-worthy! To start, there’s the super easy chocolate cake. I love this chocolate cake for the ease of making it, in addition to being super moist and so chocolatey. Mix all the ingredients together, add to a 9×13 cake pan and bake until am inserted toothpick comes out with a few crumbs.
The chocolate cake is then poked with holes and soaked in a mixture of caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk. I used this Smucker’s caramel sauce, but feel free to use another one. I’d just recommend using one that isn’t too thin of a caramel, so you’re sure to get plenty of caramel flavor.
Once the cake is cool, it’s time for the topping! I used a peanut butter whipped cream on top and it was perfection. I know it’s tempting for some people who like to reduce the amount of sugar in things to reduce the powdered sugar in the whipped cream, but I really don’t recommend it. It’s a stabilizer in my whipped creams and in my opinion is totally necessary. If you were going to leave it out, you’d likely want to use some gelatin or something to add stability. This whipped cream in particular doesn’t thicken up quite as much as some others with the peanut butter. When you make it, whip it until it looks nice and stiff and it should be fine.
I’m not kidding at all when I tell you this seriously tastes like a Snickers in cake form! It’s SO good! There’s just enough chocolate, caramel and peanut butter flavor and all it comes together wonderfully. It’s dangerous to have around, but oh so worth it!
This Snickers Poke Cake is so darn good. Chocolate cake soaked with a caramel + milk mixture, then topped with peanut butter whipped cream + Snickers bits!
- 1 3/4 cups (228g) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (414g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (85g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) hot water
- 1/2 cup (120ml) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (240ml) caramel sauce
PEANUT BUTTER WHIPPED CREAM
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 cup (115g) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (93g) peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chopped Snickers
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a 9×13 inch cake pan with non-stick baking spray.
2. Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt to a large mixer bowl and combine. Set aside.
3. Add the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a medium sized bowl and combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
5. Slowly add the hot water to the batter and mix on low speed until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 29-32 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
7. Remove the cake from the oven. Using the end of a spatula, straw or something similar, poke holes all over the cake.
8. In a large measuring cup, combine the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce.
9. Pour the caramel mixture over the cake and spread it into the holes. Allow the cake to cool either in the fridge or at room temperature.
10. To make the whipped cream topping, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
11. Spread the whipped cream on top of the cooled cake, then top with chopped Snickers and a drizzle of caramel and chocolate sauce.
12. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve. Cake is best for 3-4 days.
Keywords: poke cake, chocolate cake, how to make poke cake, poke cake recipe, snickers cake, snickers dessert, chocolate peanut butter cake