This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Macaroons are easy to make and super chewy! They are full of peanut butter and chocolate and perfect for your cookie tray this holiday!
This post is sponsored by ALDI, but all opinions are my own.
Who doesn’t love a good cookie this time of year? It’s easily the time of year for cookies with all the parties and cookie exchanges. I never fail to meet some new kind of cookie at least once this time of year and trying them all is so fun.
But I’m also a fan of the classics – the cookies you can make year round and the ones you make over and over again. You know, the ones that are so good that you must make them any chance you get. These macaroons are totally that kind of cookie. Perfect for a cookie tray and perfect for making over and over.
If you’ve never made a macaroon, then let me let you in on a little secret. They are the easiest cookie to make ever! They are the cookie world’s gift to people without a ton of time. So not only are these totally worth making simply because they are so yummy, but they are so easy there’s really no reason not to make them.
Plus, ALDI makes holiday shopping easy this time of year. Their stores are made to get you in and out of the store without a ton of aisles full of overwhelming options, while still having what you need at affordable prices. And since these cookies only use about seven ingredients, they are even less expensive to make. Not to mention that while you’re at ALDI, you can grab a delicious bottle of wine. Who doesn’t need a little libation this time of year? And their wines are seriously awesome and at great prices too. I personally love all of the Moiselle wines. Stock up! Wine and cookies? Don’t mind if I do!
So let’s talk a bit about these cookies. The main players in macaroons are the shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk and egg whites. To these particular cookies, we also add peanut butter, dark chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. ALL the good stuff! Everything but the egg whites and salt are combined, then the egg whites and salt are whipped to stiff peaks and added to the mixture.
Once the cookies are baked, I love to add a little drizzle of chocolate. I used some chocolate almond bark, but you could also use some of the remaining dark chocolate chips. I just find the almond bark is sometimes easier to work with for melting and can also be found at ALDI – score!
The final macaroons are soft, chewy and full of coconut, peanut butter, and chocolate! They were a huge hit with everyone when the hubs took them to work, so there’s no doubt they’d be great for your holiday crowd!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Macaroons are such an easy dessert! Full of peanut butter & chocolate, they’re perfect for your cookie tray this holiday!
- 14 oz Baker’s Corner Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 14 oz Baker’s Corner Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup (210g) Peanut Delight Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup (128g) Baker’s Corner Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup (128g) Baker’s Corner Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 tsp Stonemill Vanilla Extract
- 2 Goldhen Large Egg Whites, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 blocks (174 g) Baker’s Corner Chocolate Almond Bark
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. Combine the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Add the egg whites and salt to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed with the whisk attachment until they reach stiff peaks.
4. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture. The coconut mixture will be fairly thick, so be patient as you gently work the egg whites into the mixture.
5. Drop rounded tablespoons of the coconut mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly brown around the edges. Allow to cool.
7. Melt the chocolate almond bark according to the instructions on the package.
8. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the tops of the cookies and allow to dry completely.
9. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Keywords: peanut butter cookie recipe, macaroons recipe, chocolate chip macaroons, holiday cookie recipe