No Bake Neapolitan Cheesecake Pie
This No Bake Neapolitan Cheesecake Pie is a super easy dessert that’s full of all the best flavors – vanilla, strawberry and chocolate! It makes a really fun presentation and is great for summer too!
This post is sponsored by Challenge Dairy but all opinions are my own.
Neapolitan always makes me think of the neapolitan ice cream sandwiches I used to eat as a kid. I always loved having all three flavors because then I never had to choose – I got to eat all three. 🙂 It was pretty good indication of how I’d be as an adult. If I don’t have to choose between several tasty things, I will gladly take them all.
This No Bake Neapolitan Cheesecake Pie not only encompasses the same three delicious flavors, but it includes two other awesome things in one – pie and cheesecake.
You know I love a good cheesecake – both baked and no bake. It all depends on my mood and what’s going on. A no bake cheesecake is really great for when you might not have as much time on your hands and want something a little simpler. And since things have been super busy around here while I put the finishing touches on my cookbook, no bake was just was the
doctor baker ordered.
And to go a step further with making it quick and easy, it’s also a pie! It’s a little softer than a traditional cheesecake and there’s no need for a springform pan and unveiling the cheesecake. It goes right into a 9 inch pie pan. My mom will be glad to hear that, given that she doesn’t own a springform pan. 🙂
Speaking of my mom, she is responsible for introducing me to the wonderful thing that is Challenge Dairy. She loves Challenge Butter and after introducing me to the butter I introduced her to the cream cheese (they have so many fun flavors of cream cheese! Hello salsa cream cheese!). Both are really wonderful and are used in this cheesecake pie.
The thing that drew my mom and I to Challenge Dairy is that it’s much healthier than many other butters – there’s no hormones (the cows aren’t treated with growth hormones), no additives and no fillers. It’s also wonderfully fresh and creamy. It’s made within 24 hours of the cows being milked. That’s pretty awesome!
This recipe is actually from their site – they have lots of great recipes to try. To make this cheesecake pie, you’ll use both the butter and the cream cheese. The strawberry layer gets it’s flavor from the strawberry cream cheese and the other two from the regular cream cheese. It’s quite easy to make too. The toughest part is flavoring the separate layers and having to wait to dig in!
I topped mine with some whipped cream, chocolate curls and strawberries, but feel free to switch it up. However you decide to finish it, it’ll be delicious!
No Bake Neapolitan Cheesecake Pie
- Yield: 8 Slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp Challenge Butter, melted
- 1 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- 9 tbsp heavy whipping cream, divided
- 8 oz Challenge Cream Cheese, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 8 oz Challenge Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 oz semi sweet baking chocolate bar
WHIPPED CREAM AND ADDITIONAL, OPTIONAL
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate curls
1. To make the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press into a 9-inch glass pie plate. Place in freezer until firm (about 30 minutes).
2. Thoroughly combine gelatin powder and ¼ cup sugar. Add boiling water; stir 5 minutes or until sugar and gelatine are completely dissolved. This mixture will be divided between 2 filling layers.
3. Chocolate layer: Cut block of cream cheese in half; set one half aside. Place the other half in a bowl and beat until smooth. Blend in ¼ cup gelatin mixture. Add 2 tbsp heavy cream; beat until well combined and lightly thickened. Combine cocoa powder and brown sugar; sprinkle over whipped mixture. Add ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and continue mixing until blended. Pour into prepared pie crust and chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
4. Strawberry layer: Beat 8 ounces Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread until smooth. Add 4 tbsp of heavy cream; beat until thickened. Blend in remaining gelatin mixture and lemon juice. Spread over chilled chocolate layer. Return to refrigerator; chill 15 minutes.
5. Vanilla layer: Beat remaining half block of cream cheese block until smooth. Add 3 tbsp of heavy cream and beat until thickened. Blend in ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of sugar. Spread evenly over strawberry layer. Return to refrigerator until firm.
6. To add the whipped cream, add heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a mixer bowl. Whip until stiff peaks form, then spread on top of cheesecake pie. Garnish with chocolate curls or grated chocolate and fresh strawberries.
Recipe from Challenge Dairy.