This Monster Cookie Cake is full of M&Ms, chocolate chips, peanut butter and oats for a cookie cake that’s fun, chewy and delicious! It’s easy to make and perfect for parties!
1. To make the cookie bottom, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 9 inch cake pan and grease the sides.
2. Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Stir in the oats. The cookie dough will be thick.
7. Stir in the M&MS and chocolate chips. They may not stick to the dough completely, but will be fine once in the cake pan.
8. Pour the the dough in the prepared cake pan and evenly press into the bottom. Press some of the mix-ins that wouldn’t stick to the dough into the cake pan.
9. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
10. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the pan.
11. To make the frosting, beat the butter until smooth.
10. Slowly add about half of the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.
11. Add the cocoa, vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon of water and the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
12. Add more water, if needed to get the right consistency.
13. Pipe the frosting onto the edges of the cookie cake, then store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Keywords: cookie cake recipe, chocolate chip cookie cake, chocolate chip cookie cake recipe, chocolate frosting recipe, easy chocolate frosting recipe, giant chocolate chip cookie, big chocolate chip cookie