This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecakes are full of peanut butter and chopped Reese’s! Such tasty little cheesecake recipe that is so easy and fun to make!
Peanut butter and cheesecake go hand-in-hand. Don’t believe me? If this recipe doesn’t make you a believer, check out this yummy Butterfinger Cheesecake recipe, or this easy No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Do you ever wonder how you got to be an “adult”? I put that in quotes because sometimes I’m convinced that I don’t even qualify. I don’t know if it’s because I’m married to a man I met in high school and sometimes we still feel like those same 17 year olds, or if it’s just normal to be like, “Wait. Who qualified me to be an adult? I think they messed up. Surely this isn’t what being an adult feels like.”
I feel like I’ve done a good bit of “adult-ing” lately and it’s always a weird feeling. I mentioned before that we’ve been looking at homes and considering a move, but we’ve also been preparing our house to be listed to sell. In doing so, we’ve had painters coming to give quotes and paint, as well as others coming to help with getting things ready. I’m not sure much feels more like “adult-ing” than getting a house ready to sell and then buying another one. Major decisions!
Fortunately I have things like these Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cheesecakes in the fridge to make me feel more like a kid again. Surely putting candy in a cheesecake qualifies.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cheesecake
To start off making these cheesecakes, you’ll make the crust. I used an Oreo crust, because Oreos. YUM! But you could also do something like a Nutter Butter crust, if you wanted to add more peanut butter flavor. Just mix the cookie crumbs with the butter and divide the mixture between the cupcake liners.
The filling itself is flavored with peanut butter and Reeses. It’s easy to put together too. Plus, once you add the filling to the cupcake pan and bake it, the baking time is much less than a regular sized cheesecake. They bake quickly and don’t need a waterbath. Big score for ease, convenience and being able to devour them more quickly!
Top off the cheesecakes with a swirl of whipped cream and a half of a Reeses.
These little treats are such fun! Not only do Reeses just get me all excited, so does cheesecake. When you combine them, it’s pretty much an irresistible dessert! I hope you love them too!
These Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecakes are full of peanut butter and chopped Reese’s! A tasty little cheesecake recipe that is so easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups (201g) oreo crumbs
- 2 tbsp (41g) butter, melted
- 12 ounces (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (112g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) flour
- 1/4 cup (58g) sour cream
- 6 tbsp (105g) peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (140g) chopped Mini Reeses (about 14)
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3 tbsp (22g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mini Reeses, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the oreo crumbs and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake crusts for 8 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
CHEESECAKE FILLING AND TOPPING
1. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the sour cream, peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Gently fold in the chopped Reeses.
5. Divide the batter between the cupcake liners and fill most of the way.
6. Bake cheesecakes for 13 minutes, then turn off oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
7. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
8. Once the cheesecakes are cooled and firm, make the whipped cream. Add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract to a mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
9. Pipe swirls on top of each cheesecake, then top with half of a mini Reeses.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: how to make cheesecake, easy cheesecake recipe, best cheesecake recipe, peanut butter cheesecake, reese's cheesecake, homemade cheesecake