Mini Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Trifles are no bake & delicious! With layers of no bake peanut butter cheesecake, chocolate whipped cream and sauce, and Reese’s, it’s an easy trifle recipe and a peanut butter and chocolate lover’s dream!
Mini Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Trifles
This past weekend I spent some time with some girlfriends I’ve known and loved since elementary and high school. They are some of my best friends and we’ve seen each other through thick and thin. I feel like it’s rare to still have such a close group of friends from when we were so young, but I think at this point if one of us tried to “leave the group” it’d be nearly impossible. We just wouldn’t let it happen. 🙂
We were hanging out at my parent’s house – the same house we’d all hang around at in high school – and it was crazy to think back on the memories of us being goofballs when we were young and now we are hanging out talking about politics, jobs and hanging out with the one baby that’s been added to the group so far. It’s pretty darn cool and definitely time that I cherish.
Despite our closeness, we are all fairly different in our own ways. One – we’ll call her the Aussie, since she now lives in Australia (she was visiting in the U.S.) – is more of the free spirit. Another – we’ll call her the Mom, since she’s the first 🙂 – is obviously the mom. Well the Aussie claims to not want kids, which is totally cool, but she’s pretty funny about it. She loved hanging out with the Mom’s baby. She’s a dog person, so she was particularly fond of playing fetch. She’d even say “fetch” as she threw a toy and watched the baby (who’s just about 1) go after it. But what was probably the funniest was her “breathing exercises”. The baby fell and hit her head on a coffee table and the Aussie pick her up and practiced taking a massive deep breath and letting it out slowly with her to try to get her to not freak out. The craziest thing was it worked! It was a decent head bump and she totally didn’t cry!
The Aussie is onto something. 🙂
And I’m pretty sure I’m onto something with these mini trifles. Mini things are always better, am I right? I mean, the sweet baby is extra adorable and she’s basically a mini version of her father. Mini rules.
Plus, layers of chocolate and peanut butter. Two flavors that were clearly made for each other. The peanut butter cheesecake is thick, creamy and comes together easily with a mixer. The chocolate whipped cream is freshly made and complimented by chocolate sauce. It’s all layered together with chopped Reese’s. There is absolutely no shortage of sweet, delicious yumminess.
The cups I used are 9 oz cups, so you could probably share one – if you’re a lightweight. 😉 You could also make them smaller with one of each layer if you want. OR you could woman-up (or man-up) and go for the whole thing! Either way you go, you should definitely give them a try. They are too easy to not make and devour them as quickly as possible.
You might also like:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Buckeye Cupcakes
Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cheesecakes
Reese’s Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Layer Cake
Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Icebox Cake
Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
Reese’s Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
Peanut Butter Pretzel Caramel Popcorn
Mini Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Trifles with layers of no bake peanut butter cheesecake, chocolate whipped cream, chocolate sauce & Reese’s!
- 12 oz (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (36g) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (187g) peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp (37ml) milk
WHIPPED CREAM AND FILLING
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp (21g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp (37g) powdered sugar
- 12 oz bag mini reese’s, chopped
- Chocolate sauce
1. Beat cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar together in a bowl until smooth.
2. Add peanut butter and milk and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, make the whipped cream. Whip heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
4. To layer the trifles, pipe or spoon an even layer of peanut butter cheesecake into the bottom of each cup.
5. Top the cheesecake with 3-4 chopped Reese’s, then drizzle chocolate sauce over the Reese’s.
6. Pipe or spoon an even layer of whipped cream on top of the chocolate sauce.
7. Repeat with another layer of peanut butter cheesecake, Reese’s and drizzle of chocolate sauce.
8. Finish trifles off with a swirl of whipped cream and a half of a mini Reese’s.
9. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Trifle
- Calories: 1137
- Sugar: 82.4 g
- Sodium: 739 mg
- Fat: 75.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 103.7 g
- Protein: 24.6 g
- Cholesterol: 109.4 mg
Keywords: easy trifle recipe, quick trifle recipe, quick dessert recipe, trifle recipes, chocolate trifle, peanut butter trifle, peanut butter dessert, reeses dessert