With cinnamon sugar swirls mixed into mini cheesecakes, these Mini Cinnamon Roll Cheesecakes are a super fun recipe! These simple cinnamon rolls are a comforting and tasty breakfast option.
- 1 cup (134g) vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp (56g) Challenge butter, melted
- 12 ounces (339g) Challenge cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
CINNAMON SUGAR FILLING
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 3 tbsp Challenge butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the vanilla wafer cookies crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
CHEESECAKE FILLING AND FROSTING
1. Reduce oven to 300°F (148°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, flour and cinnamon until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Set filling aside.
5. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar for the cinnamon sugar filling
6. Add about 1/2 to 3/4 of a tablespoon of filling into each cupcake, then sprinkle some cinnamon sugar over the filling, fully covering the filling. Repeat two more times for a total of three layers of filling and cinnamon sugar. The cupcakes should be mostly full.
7. Bake the cheesecakes for 15-17 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 5 minutes.
8. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
9. When cheesecakes are cooled, remove them from the pan.
10. To make the frosting, mix the butter until smooth.
11. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and mix and mix until smooth.
12. Add the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a small round piping tip (or a ziplock bag with the corner cut off) and pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cheesecake.
13. Refrigerate cheesecakes until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Cheesecake
- Calories: 250
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 170.2 mg
- Fat: 12.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 61.1 mg
Keywords: mini cheesecakes recipe, cinnamon roll cheesecake, cinnamon roll cake, cinnamon roll recipe, easy cinnamon roll recipe, best cinnamon roll recipe, cinnamon cakes