This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Easy Fluffy Homemade Waffles are crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside and full of buttery vanilla flavor! Our whole family can’t get enough of this delicious waffle recipe!
This post is sponsored by Challenge Butter, but all opinions are my own.
The Best Homemade Waffles Recipe
These easy homemade waffles are a major hit in our home! They are made pretty much every weekend and even sometimes during the week when I get an extra sweet request from one of the boys. While 2-year-olds aren’t always known for being great eaters, they LOVE these waffles and can easily put down at least 3 between them.
These are classic waffles too, not to be mistaken for Belgium waffles. Being the classics they are, they are simpler and more straight forward to make. No need to worry about whipping egg whites here, just mix everything together and you’re ready to go! Quick and easy!
After tweaking the recipe to get it just how we like them – buttery, a little sweet, fluffy and crisp – I’m finally sharing this perfect waffle recipe. I can’t wait for you to try them and add them to your weekend rotation too!
Homemade Waffle Ingredients
These waffles couldn’t be easier to make and odds are you already have the ingredients in your kitchen!
- All purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder – Helps give these waffles their fluffy rise.
- Butter – Adds great buttery flavor and I always recommend my favorite Challenge Butter. Challenge Butter is a wonderfully creamy butter that goes from farm to fridge in just two days, so you know it’s fresh. It has no added hormones, artificial flavors or filling, which I love. Be sure to check it out!
- Milk – I use 2%.
- Vanilla extract – Definitely adds lovely flavor.
How to Make Homemade Waffles
- Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and set that aside.
- Melt butter. Add a few tablespoons of the milk in with your butter and melt it in the microwave. Adding the milk helps ensure that when you add the melted mixture to the rest of your milk and wet ingredients, it doesn’t seize up and end up lumpy.
- Combine wet ingredients. Add the melted butter mixture to the milk and then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk everything together until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently stir together. Don’t over mix it! A few lumps are just fine.
- Cook your waffles. Add the batter to your waffle iron and cook them according to your waffles iron’s instructions. My waffle iron uses roughly 6 tablespoons of batter per waffle. Add in the batter and let it cook to the setting you choose on your waffle maker.
- Serve and eat! This is the best part. Serve your waffles with some Challenge Butter and syrup and dig in!
What to Serve with Waffles
While we love to eat our waffles with a little butter and syrup, there are lots of fun options. You could even set up a waffle bar for a special occasion. Some great options for pairing with your waffles:
- Powdered sugar – Dust it over the top with a sifter or spoon.
- Fresh fruit – Berries, diced peaches, sliced bananas. Whatever you enjoy!
- Raspberry sauce – Homemade raspberry sauce would be incredible topped with whipped cream and maple syrup.
- Whipped cream – You can use homemade whipped cream for the ultimate topping.
- Caramel Sauce – A drizzle of salted caramel sauce would be amazing on these waffles!
- Eggs – Scrambled on the side, or perhaps even over easy and served on top.
- Sausage or Bacon – Anyone else love dipping bacon in maple syrup?
How to Store and Reheat Waffles
Definitely! When storing them in the fridge or freezer, I recommend placing a piece of parchment paper between each waffle to keep them from sticking. They will keep in the fridge for up to a week and in the freezer for 4-6 months.
You can reheat them in the microwave or a toaster oven. Using a toaster oven will keep them more crisp than a microwave.
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”Sff4Gs1G” upload-date=”2020-08-05T09:00:00.000Z” name=”Easy Fluffy Homemade Waffles” description=”These Easy Fluffy Homemade Waffles are crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside and full of buttery vanilla flavor! Our whole family can’t get enough of these delicious waffles!” player-type=”default” override-embed=”default”]Print
These Easy Fluffy Homemade Waffles are crisp on the outside, fluffy on the inside and full of buttery vanilla flavor! Our whole family can’t get enough of these delicious waffles!
- 2 cups (260g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted Challenge butter
- 2 cups (480ml) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your waffle iron and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add the butter and few tablespoons of the milk. Melt the butter in the microwave and stir to combine it with the milk.
4. Add the butter mixture to the rest of the milk, then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Whisk well to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently whisk together to combine. Don’t over mix. A few lumps are fine.
6. Add waffle mix to your hot waffle iron and cook according to your waffles iron’s instructions.
7. Serve warm!
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Sodium: 194.9 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.7 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 63 mg