Fluffy Homemade Pancakes Recipe
This Homemade Pancakes Recipe makes soft, fluffy pancakes that are quick to throw together in the morning! Made with simple ingredients, get ready to make the best pancakes ever. If you’re wondering how to make pancakes this easy recipe will show you how!
Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
When you have a little time on a weekend morning for a fun breakfast, pancakes are perfect! They are easy to throw together and are made with ingredients you typically already have. Plus, they are easy to change up with different things to mix in and different kinds of syrup you could top them with. A delicious, versatile breakfast sure to satisfy all!
A Quick & Easy Pancake Recipe You Can Make Anytime
And to make things even better, this recipe yields the most fluffy pancake! No thin, tough pancakes here. You will want to make them every weekend!
I’ve actually been giving them to the twins a fair amount lately. Their swimming lessons are early in the morning and they’re only allowed to eat carbs before the lesson, so pancakes have been a hit. They are loving these and I love how easy they are to make! If I can make them on busy mornings with the twins running around, that’s saying something.
How to Make the Best Fluffy Pancakes
So now that I’ve told you these are easy, fluffy and delicious, let’s talk about how to make them.
Start by combining the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately, then add them to the same bowl and gently fold them together. You don’t want to do this too brusquely or overdo it. It can over develop the gluten in flour and end up giving you dense, tough pancakes.
You’ll end up with some lumps in your batter and that’s ok. Let it rest while you heat your griddle or pan and they’ll break up a bit. Give the batter another little stir before using it and you’ll notice the biggest offending lumps will break up.
From there, cook your pancakes. You’ll know they are ready to be flipped when they’ve got bubbles coming through the top and the edges are set. I usually cook them until they are just about done, so after I flip them, they just need a little more time to finish cooking the other side so that it’s golden.
Finally, serve your pancakes warm with your favorite maple syrup!
How to Make Pancake Mix Ahead of Time
If you wanted to make these pancakes even easier to make, you could combine the dry ingredients ahead of time and have it in your pantry as a pancake mix. You’ll want to put it in an airtight container. It should keep well, as long as the flour and baking powder you use is fresh.
Can I Freeze and Reheat Pancakes?
These pancakes do wonderfully when frozen and reheated! I’ve been doing it a ton with the boys. The mornings are rushed, so frozen is a nice shortcut.
You can either layer parchment paper between the pancakes when you freeze them so they don’t stick to each other, or you can lay the pancakes out individually onto a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze them that way. Once frozen, pop them all into an airtight container or bag.
To reheat them, microwave one pancake for about 20 seconds. Add another 5-10 seconds as you add additional pancakes. If you know you’re going to have pancakes in the morning, you could even pop the number of pancakes you’ll need into the fridge the night before so they thaw (which is what I’ve been doing). Either way, these reheat beautifully.
Tips for the Perfect Homemade Pancakes:
– Be sure not to over mix your pancake batter so that you don’t get tough, dense pancakes. Lumps are ok.
– For a nice looking pancake, cook on a flat surface. A griddle is preferable.
– Don’t make your pancakes too large, or they’ll be difficult to flip.
– Your pancakes are ready to be flipped when you see plenty of bubbles coming through the surface and the edges are set.
– Mix ins make these even more fun – from sprinkles to fresh fruit!
More easy breakfast ideas:
Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Easy Banana Bread
Overnight Baked Banana French Toast Casserole
Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast Casserole
Raspberry Rose Coffee Cake
Pancake Sausage Bites
Fluffy Homemade Pancake Recipe
This easy Homemade Pancakes Recipe makes fluffy pancakes that are quick to throw together in the morning! And you likely already have all the ingredients in your kitchen, which means you can have pancakes on the table in no time!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 15-20 pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American
2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
4 tbsp (52g) sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups (360ml) milk
4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 tsp vanilla
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a large measuring cup, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla extract.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold them together until well combined, but still a little lumpy. You don’t want to over mix them or they could end up less fluffy and tough. The batter should be relatively thick, but easily pourable.
4. Set the batter aside to rest while you heat the griddle, 5-10 minutes. Any remaining lumps with start to soften as the moisture soaks in. Gently stir again.
5. Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-low heat and melt a little butter to grease it. Pour batter onto the pan and let it spread out into a round pancake. I used about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
6. Allow to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges are set, then flip and cook until golden.
7. Continue cooking with the remaining batter.
8. Serve pancakes with maple syrup or your choice of toppings.
Keywords: pancakes, pancake recipe, how to make pancakes, homemade pancakes, fluffy pancakes, easy pancakes, best pancakes recipe
Recipe originally from Cafe Delights.