This Homemade Pancakes Recipe makes soft & fluffy pancakes. Get ready to dig into a stack of the best pancakes you’ve ever had!
2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
4 tbsp (52g) sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 cups (360ml) milk
4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. In a large measuring cup, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla extract.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold them together until well combined, but still a little lumpy. You don’t want to over mix them or they could end up less fluffy and tough. The batter should be relatively thick, but easily pourable.
4. Set the batter aside to rest while you heat the griddle, 5-10 minutes. Any remaining lumps with start to soften as the moisture soaks in. Gently stir again.
5. Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-low heat and melt a little butter to grease it. Pour batter onto the pan and let it spread out into a round pancake. I used about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
6. Allow to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges are set, then flip and cook until golden.
7. Continue cooking with the remaining batter.
8. Serve pancakes with maple syrup or your choice of toppings.
Keywords: how to make pancakes, homemade pancakes, fluffy pancakes, easy pancakes, best pancake recipe, pancakes from scratch,