This Homemade Pancakes Recipe makes soft & fluffy pancakes. Get ready to dig into a stack of the best pancakes you’ve ever had!
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp (52g) sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups (360ml) milk
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the egg, milk, butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold them together until well combined, but still a little lumpy. You don’t want to over mix them or they could end up less fluffy and tough. The batter should be relatively thick, but easily pourable.
- Set the batter aside to rest while you heat the griddle, 5-10 minutes. Any remaining lumps with start to soften as the moisture soaks in. Gently stir again.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-low heat and melt a little butter to grease it. Pour batter onto the pan and let it spread out into a round pancake. I used about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
- Allow to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges are set, then flip and cook until golden.
- Continue cooking with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup or your choice of toppings.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 71.8 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 15.8 mg
Keywords: best pancake recipe, easy pancakes, simple pancakes