1. Coat cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together for 4-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg, vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest and beat until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.
5. Makes balls of about 2 tbsp of dough. Press cookie dough in bottom and about 1/3-1/2 way up the sides of each cupcake cup, forming a cup shape.
6. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. If the centers aren’t cupped enough to add filling, use the end of a wooden spoon or the bottom of a tablespoon to press the center down a bit. Then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
8. Once cookies have cooled, make the cheesecake filling. Blend the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon juice and lemon zest together until smooth.
9. Pipe or scoop cheesecake filling into cookie cups.
10. Top with fresh berries. I used one raspberry and about 5 blueberries per cookie. Add lemon zest, to garnish, if desired.
11. Store in refrigerator.
Keywords: cheesecake cookie cups, cookie cup recipe, recipe for cookie cups, lemon cheesecake recipe, recipe for lemon cheesecake, mini lemon cheesecake, lemon cheesecake cookies