Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles so easy & SO good! Layers of delicious strawberry + milky vanilla with shortbread. Strawberry shortcake in popsicle form!
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 2 cups (480ml) strawberry puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4–5 strawberries, sliced
- 1.7 oz package Walkers Shortbread Highlanders
1. Add the milk and sugar to a medium-sized saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring regularly, until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. Add the strawberry puree to a medium sized saucepan over medium heat and cook until reduced by half, to about 1 cup. The mixture may come to a light boil, but you don’t really want it to start boiling a lot.
3. Remove the strawberry mixture from the heat and add 3/4 cup of the milk mixture and stir to combine. Set aside.
4. Add the vanilla extract to the remaining milk and stir to combine. Set aside.
5. Add a couple slices of strawberries to each popsicle mold, pressing them against the insides of the mold.
6. Add some of the strawberry mixture to the bottom of the popsicle molds, so they are about 1/3 full. Freeze for about 1 hour.
7. Crumble 3-4 shortbread cookies and add the shortbread crumbles to the milk mixture. You want to be sure that the crumbled shortbread is in small enough pieces that they can fit into the popsicle molds.
8. Divide the milk mixture among the popsicle molds so that each mold is now about 2/3 full.
9. Place a popsicle stick into each popsicle, making sure the stick goes down into the bottom strawberry layer at least about half way. This will be important for when you remove the pops from the mold later. Freeze the pops for about another hour.
10. Divide the remaining strawberry mixture among the popsicles, then sprinkle some crumbled shortbread on top.
11. Freeze popsicles until firm, 4-6 hours or overnight.
12. To remove the popsicles from the mold, put the mold in room temperature water for several seconds and then wiggle the popsicle free. Enjoy immediately or store in the freezer in a sandwich bag. I’d suggest wrapping the popsicle in some parchment paper so they don’t stick to the bag.
To get 2 cups of strawberry puree, I had about 3 1/2 cups of strawberries that were all cut in half.
- Serving Size: 1 Popsicle
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 44.6 g
- Sodium: 57.6 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 54.6 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 6.3 mg
Keywords: summer strawberry desserts, strawberry dessert ideas, strawberry popsicles, summer desserts