Strawberry Brûlée is a super fun and easy twist on the classic French dessert. It’s a light and delicious dessert recipe that’s been in my family for years!
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 lb strawberries, washed
- Additional 2 tbsp granulated sugar, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add sour cream and egg to cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
4. Set aside at least 6 strawberries for topping, then chop remaining strawberries. You need about 1 1/2 chopped cups.
5. Divide chopped strawberries between ramekins, spreading them evenly in the bottom of each.
6. Divide batter evenly between ramekins.
7. Place ramekins on rimmed baking sheet and place on center rack, then fill about halfway with warm water.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave with door closed for 10 minutes.
9. Crack the door of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, the remove from oven and refrigerate.
10. Once cooled and ready to serve, sprinkle about 1 tsp of white granulated sugar on top of each ramekin. Use kitchen blow torch to gently cook and brown the sugar, then serve. These can be served warm or cold, based on preference.
Keywords: creme brulee recipe, easy creme brulee, strawberry dessert, easy strawberry dessert, strawberry dessert recipe, strawberry recipe, easy dessert recipe