These Shrimp and Crab Nachos are one of my very favorite appetizers! Filled with shrimp, crab, three cheeses and some tasty spices, you won’t be able to resist them!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (1 clove) minced garlic
- 1/2 pound salad shrimp, uncooked and peeled
- 1/2 pound cooked lump crab meat
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cup grated pepper jack cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat. Add the cumin, garlic and shrimp and cook until the shrimp are pink.
2. Drain the juices from the shrimp, then combine the shrimp, crab meat, cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and old bay seasoning in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Combine cheddar and jack cheeses.
4. Spread tortilla chips out on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
5. Spoon the shrimp and crab mixture onto each chip, then cover each chip with cheese and top with a jalapeño.
6. Broil at 350 for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
If you can’t find small salad shrimp, you could use regular shrimp and cut them into smaller pieces.
Keywords: shrimp nachos, seafood nachos, best nachos recipe, easy nachos recipe, shrimp appetizer, crab appetizer, seafood appetizer, shrimp appetizer recipe