This Outrageous Chocolate Coconut Cheesecake recipe has layers of gooey brownie, coconut chocolate chip cheesecake, rich chocolate cake and coconut pecan filling. It’s an over-the-top dessert of pure deliciousness!
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp (56g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cups (104g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (21g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hot water
COCONUT PECAN FILLING
- 6 egg yolks
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (310g) sugar
- 3/4 cup (168g) butter, cubed
- 2 2/3 cups (227g) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/4 cups chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 10 tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp (43g) natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESECAKE
- 16 ounces (452g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup (138g) sugar
- 2 tbsp (16g) all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (153g) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (86g | 3 oz) chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup (168g) butter
- 1 cup (169g | 6 oz) semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups (345g) powdered sugar
- 4–5 tbsp (60-75ml ) heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups ( | 12 oz) mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined.
3. In another medium sized bowl, combine the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg white. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
5. Add the water and whisk until well combined. Batter will be thin.
6. Pour the batter into the springform pan and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few crumbs.
7. Remove cake from the pan and set aside on a cooling rack to cool.
TO MAKE THE COCONUT PECAN FILLING:
8. In a large saucepan, combine the egg yolks, milk and vanilla extract and whisk until well combined.
9. Add the sugar and butter and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes, or until thickened and almost pudding-like and golden brown, stirring constantly.
10. Remove from heat and stir in coconut and pecans.
11. Set in the fridge to cool completely.
TO MAKE THE BROWNIE:
12. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan (the same pan you used for the chocolate cake) with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
13. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
14. In another medium sized bowl, combine the butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
15. Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
16. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
17. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
18. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
TO MAKE THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
19. In a large mixer bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar and flour until well combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
20. Add the sour cream and coconut extract, mixing on low speed until well combined.
21. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
22. Stir in the chocolate chips.
23. When the brownie is done baking, reduce the oven temperature to 300°F (148°C). Remove the brownie from the oven and top with about 1/3 of the coconut pecan topping, then pour the cheesecake batter evenly over the topping.
24. Wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil, then place the springform pan inside another larger pan. Fill the outside pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
25. Bake the cheesecake for 45 minutes. The center should be set, but still jiggly.
26. Turn off the oven and leave the door closed for 30 minutes. The cheesecake will continue to cook, but slowly begin to cool as well.
27. Crack the door of the oven for 30 minutes to allow the cheesecake to continue to cool slowly. This process helps prevent cracking.
28. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and water bath wrapping and refrigerate until firm, 5-6 hours or overnight. Once completely cool and firm, remove from the springform pan.
TO MAKE THE FROSTING:
29. Beat the butter until smooth.
30. Add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth and well combined.
31. Slowly add the powdered sugar, mixing until smooth and well combined.
32. Add 4-5 tablespoons of cream, as needed, to get the right consistency frosting.
33. Place the cooled and firm brownie cheesecake onto a serving plate and top with another 1/3 of the coconut pecan filling and spread into an even layer.
34. Add the chocolate cake layer to the top of the cake.
35. Frost the sides of the cake with chocolate frosting, then press mini chocolate chips into the frosting.
36. Pipe swirls of the remaining frosting around the top edge of the cake and add the remaining coconut pecan filling to the top/center of the cake.
37. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve. Cake is best for 4-5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Slices
- Calories: 1230
- Sugar: 116.4 g
- Sodium: 729.2 mg
- Fat: 57.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 158 g
- Protein: 30.9 g
- Cholesterol: 158.2 mg
Keywords: chocolate cheesecake recipe, best cheesecake recipe, coconut cheesecake, easy cheesecake recipe, homemade cheesecake, how to make cheesecake