This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Cups are super easy to make and so delicious! Light mousse with fresh strawberries is the perfect dessert for summer!
Need another strawberry dessert to go with this mousse? Try my tasty Strawberry Pound Cake!
Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Cups
The hubs and I spent the weekend visiting my parents. It’d been a bit since we’d visited, so it was nice to enjoy some time with them. The only problem was that we hit quite a bit of traffic on the way. It added an extra hour to our trip. To make that time go by a little faster, I turned on my super awesome 90s Pandora mix and drove the hubs crazy with my excellent sining and car dancing. I’m pretty sure I was an awesome singer in another life. 🙂
Speaking of awesome, these mousse cups down right rock. In fact, I referred to the strawberry sauce as “strawberry awesome-sauce” and it caught on when I served these to our church group. It really is an awesome strawberry sauce and I think it was everyone’s favorite part.
How to Make This No Bake Treat
The delicious strawberry sauce is really just chopped strawberries, sugar and a little water. The sugar draws the water out of strawberries, creating a “sauce” that is so sweet and yummy, I could drink it with a straw. The longer it sits, the better it gets.
And then the mousse is super easy to make – which is pretty awesome. You basically make white chocolate ganache, then gently fold in homemade whipped cream. It’s not a true traditional mousse, since it doesn’t have eggs. But it’s just as light and fluffy, plus it’s so easy to make.
Together the white chocolate mousse and strawberry sauce is a heavenly combo. They are so easy to make, too. They were a huge hit and I totally fell in love with them. I know you will love them too. 🙂Print
These delicious Strawberry White Chocolate Mousse Cups are super easy to make! Light white chocolate mousse with fresh strawberries is the perfect no bake dessert for summer!
White Chocolate Mousse
- 9 ounces (255g) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup + 6 tbsp (330ml) heavy whipping cream, cold, divided
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (110g) chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp water
To Make White Chocolate Mousse
- Place the white chocolate chips into a medium sized bowl.
- Heat 6 tbsp (120ml) heavy cream until it just starts to boil, then pour over the white chocolate chips. Cover with clear wrap and let sit for 3-4 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Sometimes the white chocolate doesn’t completely melt. If that happens, microwave white chocolate mixture in 10 second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whip remaining 1 cup (240ml) of heavy whipping cream in a large mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment. Whip until cream begins to thicken, then add powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cooled white chocolate mixture until combined.
- Fold in the remaining whipped cream until well combined. Mousse will seem a bit thin, but will thicken in the fridge.
- Divide mousse evenly between 5 cups or jars and refrigerate until firm.
To Make Strawberry Sauce and Assemble
- While the mousse firms, combine the strawberries, sugar and water and allow to sit in the fridge for 1-2 hours. The sugar will draw water out of the strawberry, creating a “sauce”.
- Spoon the strawberry mixture over the white chocolate mousse cups before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 47.5 g
- Sodium: 59.3 mg
- Fat: 33.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.4 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 64.5 mg