This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Soft and chewy, these Strawberry Sprinkle Cookies are made with just 8 ingredients. Each one is full of strawberry flavor and covered with sprinkles for a fun sweet treat for any occasion – not to mention they’re a quick & easy Valentine’s Day dessert!
If you’re looking for a sweet fix in the form of a cookie, these Strawberry Sprinkle Cookies are perfect. Seriously, I could not stop eating them!
Strawberry has always been a favorite flavor of mine – whether a natural strawberry flavor or flavored with extract or something. These cookies use strawberry extract to add flavor and they’re amazing.
Sprinkle cookies are usually made with a sugar cookie base and while I didn’t follow that exactly, these strawberry cookies do have a sweet, soft, and chewy base. And it doesn’t even need to chill! There are also just 8 ingredients. That’s how easy these strawberry cookies are to make!
Bake the cookies, let them cool, and dig in! They are SO good! SO soft and full of flavor – you seriously will eat so many before you even know it. I’m obsessed!
What You’ll Need
There are just 8 ingredients in this easy cookie recipe!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder – Helps achieve the soft, fluffy texture.
- Unsalted butter – It should be melted and then slightly cooled. Melted butter is key to these soft and chewy cookies.
- Eggs – Add structure to the cookies and help to keep them moist.
- Strawberry extract – Gives these cookies their strawberry flavor.
- Pink gel icing – Gives the cookies their pink color. You can also use red.
- Sprinkles – I used pink and white sprinkles for a festive touch.
There are just a few steps to making these soft strawberry cookies!
- Make the dough. Whisk the dry ingredients in bowl and set aside. Combine the melted butter, eggs, and strawberry extract. Add to the dry ingredients and beat until combined. Add the pink icing color.
- Coat in sprinkles. Roll tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough into the sprinkles.
- Bake. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies will look soft. Allow to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Success
For some perfectly soft strawberry cookies, keep these tips in mind.
- Do not overbake. The most important part of achieving soft strawberry cookies is removing them from the oven before they look completely baked. They’ll continue baking on the cookie sheet so it’s important to remove them before
- How to handle the sticky dough. This cookie dough is super sticky. I usually drop the dough into the sprinkles to coat it first, then shape it into a ball and roll it again in the sprinkles if necessary. You can also flour your hands.
- Make them seasonal. While the pink and white sprinkles make these perfect for Valentine’s Day, you can switch up the sprinkles to hearts to make them even more festive or even use red color instead of pink to make them perfect for Christmas.
Mix-Ins and Variations
Here are just a few ideas to make this easy Valentine’s Day cookie recipe your own.
- Add some vanilla or almond extract. For a flavor to complement the strawberry, add in a 1/2 teaspoon or 1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract.
- Add some chocolate chips. Mini chocolate chips and white chocolate chips both add a nice chocolatey touch to the dessert.
- Stir in some dried strawberries. For an extra strawberry twist, stir in some chopped pieces of dried strawberries.
Yes, these sprinkle cookies freeze well. Allow them to cool completely then transfer to an airtight container or ziploc bag. Thaw in the fridge. I love to just pull one or two out whenever I’m craving a sweet strawberry treat.
How to Store
You can enjoy these fluffy strawberry cookies for up to a week as long as you store them in an airtight container. Mine never last that long though. Oops!
More Strawberry Recipes:
- Strawberry Upside Down Cake
- Like Box Mix but Better Strawberry Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Frosting
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Shortcake Trifle
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”tqlF29Ao” upload-date=”Mon Feb 19 2018 19:21:50 GMT+0000 (UTC)” name=”Strawberry Sprinkle Cookies” description=”These Strawberry Sprinkle Cookies are wonderfully soft and full of strawberry flavor with the sprinkles around the outside!”]Print
Soft and chewy, these Strawberry Sprinkle Cookies are made with just 8 ingredients. Each one is full of strawberry flavor and covered with sprinkles for a fun sweet treat for any occasion – not to mention a quick & easy Valentine’s Day dessert!
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, eggs and strawberry extract.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and beat until combined on medium-high speed. The mixture may seem dry at first, but will come together as you continue to mix.
- Stir in the pink icing color to achieve your desired shade of pink.
- Create tablespoon sized balls of the cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then roll each ball in sprinkles to coat. The dough will be sticky. You can flour your hands, or just drop the dough into the sprinkles and coat it, then shape into a ball.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will slightly spread and the centers will look soft. Don’t overtake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 35.2 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.1 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Keywords: sprinkle cookies, valentine’s day cookies, valentines day desserts
This post contains affiliate links.