This 9×13 Strawberry Cheesecake recipe is super easy to make, and it’s a fail-proof dessert for a crowd! Smooth and creamy, it’s topped with delicious strawberries and homemade strawberry sauce – the perfect summer recipe treat!
If you love strawberry cheesecake but don’t want to have to do any baking, be sure to try this easy No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake recipe instead.
Easy Homemade Strawberry Cheesecake
So I chatted a bit about our IVF transfer yesterday over on the Lifestyle section. It was officially a week ago today and we have until Monday before we know if it was successful or not. Ahh! Thank goodness it’s Friday and we have plans every day this weekend. 🙂
We are getting together with our church group tonight, pedicures with friends tomorrow and hanging out with some other friends on Sunday. Busy! Distracted! That’s how I like it. 🙂
The only thing that could make a weekend better is sitting down with a pan full of this Easy Strawberry Cheesecake! It’s got all the things I love – a good thick crust, super creamy vanilla cheesecake and it’s covered in strawberry sauce and strawberries. No joke, I could demolish this thing. Just pass me the pan and a fork!
If you think you’ll feel the same way, you should totally whip it up. It’s such an easy cheesecake to make. I love making my beautiful round 9 inch-ers that are nice and fancy, but sometimes fancy is unnecessary and more than you want to deal with. Plus, baking in this 9×13 pan makes it especially easy to transport for sharing. And isn’t summer all about getting together with friends and sharing? I think so.
How to Make the Best Strawberry Cheesecake
So to put the cheesecake together, we start with the graham cracker crust. A total classic! I like to add a touch of sugar to sweeten things up because I’m me and I like things sweet. No surprise there. 🙂 Plus, it really does make the crust just that much better.
Next you’ve got the cheesecake filling. Pretty straight forward, just try not to over mix things too much. You’re more likely to add air bubbles to your batter and get cracks, although this cheesecake should do a good job of not cracking.
Then the best part – it’s baked without a water bath. Yay! No extra step of wrapping a pan and putting it in another pan – just bake! I do still utilize the slower cooling process to help make sure you don’t get cracks. It’s just good practice. 🙂
The topping is the most delicious homemade strawberry sauce with fresh chopped strawberries! It’s not super thick like Jello, it’s more like a sauce. It’s baked right on the stove and the longer it cools after cooking, the more it thickens up. If you prefer an even thicker sauce, feel free to add another tablespoon of cornstarch and cook it a bit longer. Either way the flavor is amazing and SO good with the tasty crust and creamy cheesecake.
This Easy Strawberry Cheesecake is a delight to eat! So summery, light and fresh. Grab a fork and dig in!
[adthrive-in-post-video-player video-id=”yjvW0UQa” upload-date=”Fri Jun 30 2017 05:07:57 GMT+0000 (UTC)” name=”Easy Strawberry Cheesecake” description=”This Easy Strawbery Cheesecake if smooth and creamy, and topped with delicious strawberries and sauce – a perfect summer treat!”]
This easy Strawberry Cheesecake recipe is perfect for the summer! Smooth and creamy, it’s topped with delicious strawberries and homemade strawberry sauce. !
- 2 1/4 cups (302g) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (39g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) salted butter, melted
- 24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (173g) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (310g) sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups pureed strawberries (from about 1 lb strawberries)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Grease a 9×13 pan.
2. Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
4. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
5. In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low speed until well completely combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
6. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract mix on low speed until well combined.
7. Add eggs one at a time, mixing slowly to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
8. Pour the batter into the pan with the crust and spread evenly.
9. Bake the cheesecake for 30 minutes.
10. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door closed for 20 minutes.
11. Crack the door of the oven, with the cheesecake inside, for 15 minutes. This slow cooling process helps prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
12. Put the cheesecake in the fridge to cool completely, 3-4 hours.
13. To make the strawberry topping, combine the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Stir in the strawberry puree.
14. Cook over medium heat, stir constantly until mixture thickens and come to a boil, about 15 to 20 minutes.
15. Allow to boil for 1 1/2 minutes, then remove from heat.
16. Stir in vanilla extract and chopped strawberries and allow to cool for about 15-20 minutes.
17. Pour the topping over the cheesecake. You can add the sauce while the cheesecake is chilling and let it all cool together, or let the sauce cool on its own and add it to cheesecake before serving, or even add it as you cut slices. The topping will thicken as it cools.
18. To make the whipped cream, add everything to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form. Serve slices of the cheesecake with the whipped cream, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 459
- Sugar: 47.4 g
- Sodium: 363.6 mg
- Fat: 19.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.8 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 91 mg
Keywords: strawberry cheesecake recipe, strawberry cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake topping, easy cheesecake, easy cheesecake recipe, best cheesecake recipe, homemade cheesecake