This super easy Ambrosia Fruit Salad is light, creamy and oh-so-divine! Maraschino cherries, mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks are combined with a fluffy whipped cream dressing for a versatile side dish that doubles as a refreshing dessert.
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed (or homemade whipped cream)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or vanilla yogurt)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 8 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups mini fruit-flavored marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine the whipped topping and sour cream.
- Add the coconut, oranges, pineapple, cherries and marshmallows and gently fold into the whipped topping mixture.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours prior to serving.
- To Store: Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container and enjoy within 2-3 days, draining out any excess liquids that have been released by the fruits.
- To Freeze: Place leftovers in a freezer-safe baking dish and wrap tightly in two layers of plastic wrap. Enjoy within a month or two – do not thaw.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 235
- Sugar: 30.3 g
- Sodium: 70.1 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 35.6 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 5.6 mg
Keywords: ambrosia, ambrosia salad, marshmallow fruit salad, fruit salad ambrosia, cool whip fruit salad