Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are seriously delicious and easy to put together! With buffalo chicken, ranch coleslaw and buns covered in ranch seasoning and baked, they are perfect for sharing – especially on game day!
I’ve been so excited to share these sliders with you! They are a twist on the ham and cheese sliders you see so much at parties. I personally am a big fan of buffalo, especially during football season, so it seemed to make perfect sense. I love how the ham and cheese sliders are baked in a tasty buttery seasoning, so these are too. Yum!!
I kept things nice and simple. To start, you’ve got a rotisserie chicken. I’m a big fan of using those. It cuts down time and makes things easy. You’ll want to have about 3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken, which should be pretty much the whole thing. Mix the chicken with the buffalo sauce and add it to the buns.
The next layer is the coleslaw. I love me some coleslaw and for these sliders, you’ll use plain coleslaw and add ranch dressing to it. If you’re more of a blue cheese person, you could totally swap out the ranch dressing for blue cheese.
To finish off the sliders, combine some melted butter with a ranch dip seasoning packet. I played around with the amount of seasoning used on these and decided a full packet was too much. Super salty! Roughly half a packet is best, but feel free to adjust to your liking.
The sliders are baked and then ready to go! I just love how easy they are to put together! Slice them up and serve. They are SO addicting!
Like I said, I experimented with them to make sure the seasoning wasn’t too much or too little, so we had several taste testers. Every single tester immediately wanted the recipe. Score! After getting asked for it again this past week, I finally decided to move this post up a bit. 🙂 Can’t keep everyone waiting for too long!
These sliders are not only great for sharing, they are awesome for game day. Our team (Carolina Panthers) may officially be out of the playoffs after this past weekend, but we’ll still be watching plenty of football and I know these sliders will make several appearances. I hope you get a chance to try them and enjoy them as much as we do!
Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Yield: 12 Sliders
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 12 count package Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups plain coleslaw
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 tsp ranch dips seasoning*
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper or spray it with non-stick spray.
2. Use a large serrated knife to cut the slab of sweet rolls in half, so you have a top slab and bottom slab. Do not pull the rolls apart.
3. Combine the chicken with the buffalo sauce and spread the mixture evenly over the bottom slab of rolls.
4. Combine the coleslaw and ranch dressing and spread the mixture evenly over the chicken.
5. Combine the butter and ranch seasoning packet in a small measuring cup.
6. Slowly and evenly pour the butter mixture over the rolls. Spread the mixture over the tops. Some of the mixture will pool at the base of the rolls, which is ok.
7. Cover the rolls with aluminum foil and allow to stand at room temperature for about 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Bake covered for about 20 minutes.
9. Uncover the rolls and cook for about 5 minutes more minutes, or until as done as desired. Slice into individual sliders and serve warm and fresh.
*About half of a 1 oz ranch dips seasoning packet