Strawberry Sprinkle Cookies are wonderfully soft and full of strawberry flavor! And with the sprinkles around the outside, they are just plain fun!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
2. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine the melted butter, eggs and strawberry extract.
4. Pour into the dry ingredients and beat until combined on medium-high speed. The mixture may seem dry at first, but will come together as you continue to mix.
5. Stir in the pink icing color to achieve your desired shade of pink.
6. Create tablespoon sized balls of the cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then roll each ball in sprinkles to coat. The dough will be sticky. You can flour your hands, or just drop the dough into the sprinkles and coat it, then shape into a ball.
7. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will slightly spread and the centers will look soft. Don’t overtake.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Keywords: strawberry cookies recipe, sprinkle cookies recipe, valentine's day cookie recipe