This Roasted Tomato Salsa is easy to make in a food processor with just a handful of simple ingredients!
- 1–2 jalapenos
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white onion, about half of a small onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Cut jalapenos into quarters and remove the centers, seeds and all. Dice the jalapenos.
2. Chop the cilantro.
3. Open the can of tomatoes and separate out the juice. Reserve the juice from tomatoes to add later if you want more.
4. Put the tomatoes into a food processor and pulse a few times to get it as chunky or non-chunky as you like (I pulsed about 6 times). As the tomatoes are chopped, you’ll get more juice. I kept this juice, but you can remove it if you like.
5. Mix tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro in a bowl.
6. Add onion to food processor and chop finely.
7. Add onion, garlic, salt and lime juice to bowl. Mix well.
Cover and refrigerate or serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 48
- Sugar: 5.6 g
- Sodium: 613 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Protein: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted tomato salsa