These Red, White and Blue Mini Cheesecakes are smooth, creamy and easy to make! Perfect for your patriotic celebration!
- 1 cup (134g) vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp (26g) sugar
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted
- 12 ounces (339g) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 3 tbsp (24g) flour
- 1/2 cup (115g) sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Blue gel icing color
- Red gel icing color
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 5 tbsp (36g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (162°C). Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
2. Combine the vanilla wafer cookies crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Divide the mixture between the cupcake liners (about 2 tablespoons per cup) and press into the bottoms.
3. Bake the crusts for 5 minutes then remove from oven. Allow to cool while you make the filling.
4. To make the filling, reduce oven to 300°F (148°C). In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
5. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
7. Divide the batter evenly into three bowls. Leave one as in and color one red and there other blue.
8. Layer the colored batter into the crusts, starting with a tablespoon of white batter in each cup, then a tablespoon of red, then a tablespoon of blue. The cups should be mostly full.
9. Bake the cheesecakes for 18-20 minutes, then turn off the oven and leave the door closed for another 10 minutes.
10. Crack the oven door and allow cheesecakes to cool for 15-20 minutes, then put in the fridge to finish cooling.
11. When cheesecakes are cooled, remove them from the pan.
12. To make the whipped cream topping, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract to a large mixer bowl. Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
13. Pipe the whipped cream onto the tops of the cheesecakes and add sprinkles.
14. Refrigerate the cheesecakes in an airtight container until ready to serve. Cheesecakes are best for 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Cheesecake
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 15.8 g
- Sodium: 155 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.3 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 53.2 mg
Keywords: patriotic dessert recipe, 4th of July cupcake recipe, 4th of July dessert