This Overnight Pumpkin Spice Baked French Toast Casserole is an easy breakfast casserole full of pumpkin, cinnamon and spices! It’s a great Fall and holiday breakfast for a crowd and it’s perfect for making ahead!
If you enjoy this baked french toast recipe, you should also try my easy Overnight Cinnamon Baked French Toast Casserole recipe and Overnight Cinnamon Apple Baked French Toast Casserole.
Overnight Pumpkin French Toast Casserole
I’m such a big fan of these overnight french toast casseroles. I have several variations on the site and I love how easy it is to change it up for various occasions. This one is just perfect for Fall and Thanksgiving! If you’re a pumpkin lover like I am, this is the french toast casserole for you.
This version starts with a similar base to the classic casserole, but with pumpkin and spices:
- Loaf of Bread – You’ll want a pound sized loaf to cut into chunks. Sourdough is my favorite, but French bread would work too.
- Milk – Whole milk is best
- Sugar – This recipe uses both white and brown sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon – Is there such a thing as too much cinnamon?
- Pumpkin puree – I use the canned stuff.
You’ll also need a few other things for the streusel, including some flour, butter and spices. I use cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger for all the best spices.
How to Make this Overnight French Toast Casserole
This french toast recipe really couldn’t be easier to make! Here’s how to do it:
- Cube bread: The first thing you’ll do is cut your bread into chunks and spread them evenly in your casserole dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients: Next, you’ll combine all of the casserole ingredients, whisking them all together, then pour it over the bread chunks. Try to make sure that get all the bread chunks a little damp, so that none end up drying out.
- Chill overnight: Cover the casserole and let it sit in the fridge. You can leave it for a few hours, or overnight. I definitely recommend overnight. Not only does it give it longer to sit, but that’s what makes this so great – the ease of making it ahead!
- Make streusel topping: While it’s in the fridge, you can make the streusel topping. Combine the flour, brown sugar, spices and salt, then cut the butter into the mixture until it forms crumbles. Leave it in a bowl and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake the casserole.
- Add topping: When you’re ready to make the casserole, preheat the oven and sprinkle the pre-made streusel topping over the casserole.
- Bake your casserole: Bake it for about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how well-cooked you like it. When it’s ready, you can serve it simply with syrup, or add some pecans, powdered sugar or fresh fruit.
I hope you love this spin on french toast casserole as much as we do! Such a great nod to pumpkin and so easy to make ahead for the holidays!
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES
Overnight Cinnamon Baked French Toast Casserole
Easy Fluffy Homemade Waffles
Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Easy Homemade Monkey Bread
Fluffy Homemade Pancakes
Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
This Overnight Pumpkin Spice Baked French Toast Casserole is quick and easy to make and perfect for the holidays!
- 1 loaf Sourdough Or French Bread
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (36g) light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup (98g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (169g) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories: 539
- Sugar: 41.8 g
- Sodium: 482.9 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 78.9 g
- Protein: 17.7 g
- Cholesterol: 180.5 mg
Keywords: overnight pumpkin spice baked french toast casserole, french toast casserole, pumpkin french toast