Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie is an easy to make, no bake dessert recipe that is so tasty! It’s is made with an Oreo crust, no churn vanilla ice cream filled with edible cookie dough and mini chocolate chips! Easy to make and sure to satisfy any cookie dough lover!
Who doesn’t love cookie dough?! I’m pretty sure we all grew up tasting it while making cookies as a kid and that love for it carries over as an adult. So it’s no surprise that cookie dough has found it’s way into so many great desserts and treats.
This ice cream pie is just one of many ways to enjoy cookie dough. If you’re like the hubs, cookie dough ice cream is a total fave. Our boys haven’t really gotten into yet, since big chunks in their ice cream are a little hard for them to eat at this point, but I have no doubt they will follow in the footsteps of their “dada” one day.
Of course I’m not one to turn down cookie dough either – especially in this ice cream pie form! Not only is it a simple treat to make, it’s also delicious! And I’m such a fan of no churn ice cream, like you’ll find in this pie, too. It’s easy to make and really tastes just like ice cream!
While this pie is quite easy to make, there are a few elements to it. We’ve got:
- Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Oreo Cookie Crust
- No Churn Vanilla Ice Cream
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Whipped Cream
All of those are quite tasty on their own, so when they come together in this pie, it’s a flavor explosion! So much to love!
The first step in making this ice cream pie is to make the cookie dough balls. It’s much like making actual cookie dough, but you’ll toast your flour and leave out the eggs so that it’s edible even though it isn’t baked.
Once you’ve got your cookie dough made, you’ll shape the cookie dough into little balls. Making them small, like the size of little chick peas, is ideal. But if you happen to make them a little large, you can always cut them in half. The main thing here is that you don’t them to be too big or they’ll be hard to cut and difficult to chew.
Freeze your cookie dough balls while you work on the next steps. It’s ideal for them to be firm when you add them to the pie so they don’t break apart.
Next up is the Oreo Cookie Crust. Grind your Oreos in a food processor until you have crumbs (no need to remove the cream from the Oreos) and then combine that with some butter. Press your crust into your pie pan and pop it in the freezer while you make the filling.
As mentioned before, the filling is a no churn ice cream. If you aren’t familiar with no churn ice cream, the base typically involves either cream cheese or sweetened condensed milk. This version uses cream cheese, which is combined with granulated sugar and brown sugar. I love the extra cookie dough-like flavor that the brown sugar adds. A little milk and vanilla extract are added, and then some homemade whipped cream.
Finally, add about half of the cookie dough balls and half of the mini chocolate chips to the no churn ice cream, spread it evenly into the pie crust and freeze it. A little lengthy process, but not hard at all.
How to decorate the pie
Once the pie is frozen, decorate it with the chocolate whipped cream and the remaining cookie dough balls and mini chocolate chips. The final pie is sure to tempt all the cookie dough lovers in your life and they won’t be disappointed! Such a great treat for summer, too!
More Cookie Dough Recipes To Love:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Balls
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pizza
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Brownie Layer Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie is an easy to make, no bake dessert recipe that is so tasty! This ice cream pie is made with an Oreo crust, no churn vanilla ice cream filled with edible cookie dough and mini chocolate chips!
- 6 tbsp (84g) butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (75g) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (26g) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130g) all purpose flour, toasted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp milk
- 1/3 cup (56g) mini chocolate chips
- 24 Oreos (2 cups | 268g Oreo crumbs)
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted (salted or unsalted is fine)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (56g) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (85g) mini chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/4 cup (29g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH:
1. Add the butter, brown sugar and sugar to a large mixer bowl and beat together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
3. Add the flour and salt and mix until well combined.
4. Add the milk to help the cookie dough come together, then stir in the mini chocolate chips. Add additional milk, if needed to help everything come together.
5. Make balls of cookie dough that are about the size of chickpeas. Set them in the freezer to freeze.
MAKE THE PIE CRUST:
7. Add the Oreo crumbs to a bowl and combined with the melted butter.
8. Pour the mixture into a 9 or 10 inch pie pan (I like to grease mine to ensure no sticking) and press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides.
9. Put the crust in the freezer while you make the filling.
MAKE THE PIE FILLING:
To toast the flour, bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, ice cream pie, ice cream pie recipe, no bake desserts, ice cream pie recipes, recipe for ice cream pie, easy recipes for no bake desserts, easy no bake dessert