Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie
This Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie is smooth, creamy and set in an Oreo crust with a layer of Oreo crumbs throughout the center! It’s full of Baileys and chocolate and is one of my favorite flavor combinations!
If you enjoy this Baileys pie recipe, you should also try my classic Baileys Chocolate Pie recipe!
So the twins are 8 months now, going on 9 months, and they are just so much fun. Honestly, they just get better and better with time and age. They are so aware and interactive now, so smiley and sweet. I constantly want to hug and love on them.
They’re also growing so much. They’ve each got their first tooth coming through and they’re working towards crawling. Brooks is flipping onto his belly quite regularly and you can just tell he’s dying to get moving. And it’s so fun to see them starting to interact more. They look over at each other and lock eyes all the time and you can’t help but wonder what they are communicating back and forth. No to mention that Brooks loves to hug on Ashton. He’ll lean over and hug him and kiss him (by licking him) over and over until Ashton pushes him away – ha!
And solid foods are really becoming something they enjoy. They are eating them more and more and have even started turning down milk on occasion in favor of solids. It’s actually funny to see them watching me and the hubs eat. They will stop what they’re doing and watch and I just know it’s only a matter of time before they want to eat everything they see me with. We will give them occasional tastes of things, but I’m obviously holding off on all the good desserts. And it’ll be years before they get to taste a delicious pie like this one. Sorry boys – no Baileys for you!
I guess that means more for me. 🙂 And I will never complain about more chocolate, Baileys or pie.
An Easy Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe with Oreo Pie Crust
Fortunately this Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie is quick to put together, because you will want to dig in as quickly as possible. The crust is an Oreo crust, so you’ll toss together Oreo crumbs and melted butter and press that into your pie pan.
I personally like to bake my crust so that it holds together better when you cut into it, but feel free to skip that step if you want to keep it simple.
To put the filling together, you’ll start with the cream cheese and sugar and combine that until it’s nice and smooth. The Baileys Irish Cream and vanilla extract are next.
For the chocolate flavor in the pie, I used a combination of melted chocolate chips and cocoa powder. I personally love using both. The melted chocolate gives it that real chocolate flavor, while the cocoa amplifies it because it’s so much stronger in flavor.
The final step is adding in the fresh whipped cream. It lightens up the pie a bit and adds some volume.
Add the filling to the pie crust in two parts, adding some chopped Oreos in the middle. While they aren’t totally necessary, I love the additional Oreo flavor. Can you ever have too much of a good thing?
The hardest part of this Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie is waiting until it’s chilled and firm. When it’s ready, add some Baileys whipped cream on top and few more chopped Oreos and mini chocolate chips and you’re ready to go! A smooth, creamy and delicious pie you won’t want to stop eating!
You might also these Bailey’s dessert recipes:
Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie
This Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie is smooth, creamy and set in an Oreo crust with a layer of Oreos throughout the center!
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups (268g) Oreo crumbs
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted
Baileys Chocolate Filling
- 16 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (104g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (127g) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped Oreos
Baileys Whipped Cream Topping
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- Additional Oreos, for topping
- Mini Chocolate Chips, for topping
1. Grease an 8 or 9 inch pie pan and preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
2. Combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
3. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan, then bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. To make the filling, add the cream cheese and sugar to a large mixer bowl and beat until well combined and smooth.
5. Add the Baileys and vanilla extract and beat until well combined and smooth.
6. Add the melted chocolate chips and cocoa powder and beat until well combined and smooth. Set mixture aside
7. In another large mixer bowl, add the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
8. Add about half of the whipped cream to the Baileys mixture and gently fold together until combined.
9. Add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold together until well combined.
10. Spread about half of the filling evenly into the pie crust, then add the chopped Oreos in an even layer.
11. Spread the remaining filling evenly over the chopped Oreos and refrigerate the pie until firm, 3-4 hours.
12. To make the Baileys whipped cream, add the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and Baileys to a large mixer bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
13. Pipe the whipped cream around the outer edge of the pie, then finish off the pie with additional chopped Oreos and mini chocolate chips.
14. Refrigerate the pie until ready to serve. Pie is best if eaten within 3-4 days.
Keywords: baileys chocolate cream pie, baileys chocolate pie, baileys pie, chocolate pie recipe, chocolate cream pie, how to make a cream pie