These Thick and Fluffy Banana Pancakes are easy to make and infused with banana flavor. Stack ’em high and enjoy topped with maple syrup, whipped cream or fresh fruit!
- 2 cups (260g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (52g) sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 4 tbsp (56g) butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) mashed banana (2–3 bananas)
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the egg, milk, butter, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold them together until well combined, but still a little lumpy. You don’t want to over mix them or they could end up less fluffy and tough. The batter should be relatively thick, but pourable.
- Set the batter aside to rest while you heat the griddle, 5-10 minutes. Any remaining lumps with start to soften as the moisture soaks in. Gently stir again.
- Heat a griddle or non-stick pan over medium-low heat and melt a little butter to grease it, if needed.
- Pour batter onto the pan and let it spread out into a round pancake. I used about 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
- Allow to cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges are set, then flip and cook until golden.
- Continue cooking with the remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup or your choice of toppings.
Keywords: homemade banana pancakes, fluffy pancake recipe, best banana pancakes