With a zesty homemade dressing, rotini pasta, fresh vegetables and mozzarella, this Classic Italian Pasta Salad is a guaranteed hit at any summer potluck or picnic! Not only is it packed with flavor but it comes together quickly and easily too!
For the Pasta Salad:
- 1 lb (16 oz) tricolor rotini pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 oz fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoncinis
- 1 cup mini pepperonis
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
For the Italian Dressing:
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, then rinse under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, pepperoncinis, pepperoni, red onion and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle the dressing over the pasta and gently toss until well coated. Refrigerate for an hour or two before serving, or overnight. Pasta salad will last for 3-4 days covered and refrigerated.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 267.6 mg
- Fat: 16.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 6.4 mg
Keywords: homemade Italian dressing, easy potluck recipes, easy summer salads