Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes
These Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes are made with a moist chocolate cupcake, Baileys chocolate ganache filling and Baileys frosting! One of my favorite flavor combos – these cupcakes are delicious!
Chocolate Cupcakes with Baileys Ganache & Frosting
So recently I’ve gotten a little bug. Not like a sick bug, but like I want to do things bug. And right now the focus of that bug is doing things around our house. All of a sudden I want to paint everything, change everything on the walls and get all new furniture. Basically just re-do it all. 🙂
Problem is, who can afford to just re-do their whole house on a whim? So I’ve started with some painting. Some parts of the house have been painted, but much has remained unpainted. So I started getting swatches and testing paints a couple weeks ago for our dining room. If you’ve ever chosen paint, you know how painful it can be. Especially when looking at shades of grey. I was lamenting to the hubs that there are so many shades of grey that it’s hard to pick one and he got all clever and said, “Yea, I hear there’s like 50 shades.”
Well I finally picked one and painted over the weekend. I’m feeling pretty snazzy and ready for my next project! 🙂
How to Make Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes
But for now, let’s talk about these cupcakes. For the Baileys and chocolate lover, they really are yummy! The cupcake base in moist and fluffy, the filling is rich, chocolatey and smooth – and flavored with Baileys – and the frosting is the Baileys icing on the cake! 😉
The cupcake base is relatively straight forward as far as method and ingredients. It uses the creaming method, so you want to be sure to fully cream the butter and sugar together. You’ll get a much fluffier cupcake that way. Be sure the mixture lightens in color and gets thick and fluffy.
The filling is your basic chocolate ganache with some Baileys in place of some of the heavy whipping cream. It’s super smooth and rich! So good! It firms up a little quicker than regular ganache since the Baileys has less fat than the heavy cream, so don’t be too concerned.
To finish off the cupcake, there’s the Baileys frosting. It’s hard to not just eat it with a spoon! It’s got just a touch of chocolate in it and plenty of Baileys. I used my usual combination of butter and shortening, since I prefer the more stabile consistency, but feel free to use all butter if you like.
These cupcakes were a hit! Moist, fluffy, rich and yummy! Perfect for a Saturday night or any occasion. 🙂
Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes
Baileys Chocolate Cupcakes made with chocolate cupcake, Baileys chocolate ganache filling & Baileys frosting! These cupcakes are delicious!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Total Time: 47 minutes
- Yield: 12-14 Cupcakes 1x
- Category: Cupcakes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup (112g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (207g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp (90ml) water
- 6 tbsp (43g) Hershey’s Dark Cocoa Blend
- 1 cup (130g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp (90ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (112g) butter
- 1/2 cup (95g) shortening
- 4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (14g) cocoa
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4–5 tbsp (60-75ml) Baileys
- Chocolate sprinkles
BAILEYS CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp (75ml) Baileys Irish Cream
- 5 tbsp (75ml )heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating just until blended.
4. Add vanilla, water and cocoa powder to another bowl and whisk until smooth. Mixture will be thick.
5. Add chocolate mixture to batter and mix until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is well combined.
6. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
7. Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the batter. Begin by adding half of the dry mix, then mix well. Add the milk and mix well, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix until smooth.
8. Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 way. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool about 2-3 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
10. To make the frosting, combine the butter and shortening in a large bowl and mix until smooth.
11. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
12. Add the cocoa, vanilla extract and 4 tablespoons of Baileys and mix until smooth.
13. Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
14. Add remaining Baileys as needed and mix until smooth, keeping an eye on the consistency of the frosting so it doesn’t get too thin. Set aside.
15. When the cupcakes are cooled, make the chocolate ganache. Put the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl.
16. Combine the Baileys and heavy whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup and heat in the microwave until it just begins to boil.
17. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
18. Cut out the centers of the cupcakes. You can use a cupcake corer or a knife.
19. Fill the centers of the cupcakes with chocolate ganache.
20. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. I used Ateco tip 808, a large round tip.
21. Use the remaining chocolate ganache to pipe onto the cupcakes for decoration, then add sprinkles if using.
22. Refrigerate cupcakes until ready to serve. Serve at room temperature. Cupcakes are best for 2-3 days.
Keywords: chocolate cupcakes, baileys cupcakes, baileys desserts, baileys frosting
You might also like: