If you’re looking to impress and serve up some festive sweets for football watching, this Football Dessert Board is the way to go! With a mix of store bought and homemade treats, there’s something for everybody!
- 1 brownie
- 6 mini vanilla cupcakes*
- 6 standard vanilla cupcakes*
- 12 rice krispie treats
- 1 cup chocolate covered almonds
- 12 chocolate covered pretzels
- Green/Brown/White Candy
- 10 oz Chocolate Melting Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli)
- 10 oz White Chocolate Melting Chocolate (I used Ghirardelli)
- Green Gel Icing Color
- Green Sprinkles
- 1 recipe vanilla buttercream
- 8 chocolate covered strawberries*
- Once the homemade things are baked, it’s time to prep some of the other items. Melt about 7 oz of the white chocolate and color it with green gel icing color. Spread the green colored white chocolate onto the tops of the rice krispie treats, then allow to dry.
- Melt about half of the remaining white chocolate and use it to pipe the yard lines onto the rice krispie treats and the laces onto the almonds. Allow to dry.
- Melt about 2 oz of the chocolate and use it drizzle chocolate onto the pretzels, then add green sprinkles. Allow to dry.
- When you’re ready to finish everything and build the tray, make the chocolate covered strawberries per the recipe, then melt the remaining white chocolate and pipe the laces onto the dried chocolate. Refrigerate until ready to add to the board.
- Make the vanilla buttercream and set aside.
- To finish off the brownie, use a toothpick to trace out the shape of a football on the brownie, then I cut it out. Pipe some of the vanilla buttercream into the shape of football laces in the center.
- Color the remaining buttercream with green gel icing color. Use the green frosting to add “grass” around the edge of the brownie and to decorate the cupcakes. You can pipe “grass” onto the cupcakes as well or pipe a swirl. Add a football almond to the tops of the cupcakes.
- Arrange the board as shown. It can help to have the almond and candies in small bowls to keep them all contained.
For the vanilla cupcakes, the recipe will make 12 standard cupcakes. You can use it to make the 6 standard cupcakes and 6 minis. The minis will bake about 7-10 minutes. You will have some extra.
For the chocolate covered strawberries, the linked recipe makes more than needed. You could cut it in half.
Keywords: football dessert board