COCONUT PECAN TOPPING
1. In a large saucepan, combine the egg yolks, milk and vanilla and whisk until well combined.
2. Add sugar and butter and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes, or until thickened (almost pudding-like) and golden brown, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Mix well.
4. Allow to cool completely.
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine crust ingredients and mix well.
3. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
4. Bake crust for 10 minutes then remove and set aside.
5. Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
1. Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese, sugar, chocolate, flour and cocoa with an electric mixer until combined (Use low speed to keep less air from getting into the batter, which can cause cracks). Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating slowly and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition.
4. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until well combined.
5. Put a little bit of the cheesecake filling in the bottom of the crust. Then add about 1 1/2 cups of coconut pecan topping and spread evenly.
6. Pour remaining cheesecake filling into the springform pan and spread evenly. The pan will be very full.
7. Place springform pan inside another pan. Fill outside pan with enough warm water to go about halfway up the sides of the springform pan. The water should not go above the top edge of the aluminum foil on the springform pan.
8. Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
9. Turn off heat and leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 20 minutes.
10. Crack oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 20 minutes or until set. This cooling process helps the cheesecake cool slowly to prevent cracks.
11. Remove cheesecake from oven and chill.
12. Once the cheesecake is completely cool, remove springform pan sides from cheesecake and place cheesecake on a serving plate.
13. Top cheesecake with remaining coconut pecan topping and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Keywords: german chocolate cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake recipe, chocolate swirl cheesecake, homemade cheesecake, homemade cheesecake recipe, german chocolate cake recipe, best german chocolate cake recipe, best cheesecake recipe, homemade german chocolate cake